Help blindly sizing tall skinny female?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Wiznutaggie,

If you can find a stock suit that matches all of her measurements within an inch or two then that would be something to consider, but best is a suit that's custom-fit to her exact measurements.

Just let us know how we can help further, and we do have gift certificates if that helps.

Kind regards,
Derek and JMJ

I'm short, but stocky; therefore, a wetsuits are usually too long in the arms and legs. I purchased two custom wetsuits (3 mm and 5 mm) that fit perfectly. You might look into a custom suit to see if it makes sense for you.

7TILL8

My wife is 5'11 and about the same figure. She was not comfortable in any stock sizes. She has both Henderson and Aqualung suits in 3 and 5mm. Henderson 8T fit the worst because they tailor for a large bust size. She was most comfortable in a Aqualung 10T but it was a bit short. Aqualung should fit your girlfriend fine. My wife dives now in a french made custom Kalypse Ladybust and she said it made a huge difference. Collection of tailor-made and customizable scuba diving suits

@Wiznutaggie contact Mia at Truli wetsuits. Truli is a wetsuit company run by women that specializes in wetsuits for women. They are used to dealing with the proper fitting of wetsuits for women of all shapes and sizes and should be able to help you with finding the right suit for your girlfriend.

Their phone number is (647) 522-3483.

@Wiznutaggie contact Mia at Truli wetsuits. Truli is a wetsuit company run by women that specializes in wetsuits for women. They are used to dealing with the proper fitting of wetsuits for women of all shapes and sizes and should be able to help you with finding the right suit for your girlfriend.

Their phone number is (647) 522-3483.

If you don't want to go custom, a good open cell two piece freediving suit will fit her. They are super stretchy material, the two pieces gives some sizing variability (ie S top and XS bottom). If she digs camo patterns there are tons to choose from, if camo isn't her thing it becomes more problematic.

My wife is very slim in build, and I'm looking at a Waihana suit because she doesn't dig camo. Otherwise I'd go with a Mako suit.
I have no experience with Waihana, but they look pretty nice. I wish they were still made with yamamoto rubber though.

Guess the OP included the photo of his girlfriend in the bikini for “attention” as people say on FB. I wonder if she gave her permission for her photo to be posted online like this. I can’t be the only one sort of bothered by this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom