Help blindly sizing tall skinny female?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiznutaggie

Contributor
Reaction score
I want to get my girlfriend her first wetsuit for Christmas, but in all the size guides I'm not finding anything that would really work. She's 5'9" and 120# with a very hourglass shape (24" waist, 36" hips). If I match up her height, she's way below the weight range, and visa-versa. Any suggestions on brands perhaps?

251866076_568834907511482_3849426966981057329_n.jpg

252083869_196801955939298_543948603184863255_n.jpg

How thick of a wetsuit? One piece or two? For instance a 5mm Henderson full suit in a 6 tall is pretty close to her size.

Size chart is from Leisure pro

Try xcel, they have tall sizes and easy returns, so you could just keep what fits.

How thick of a wetsuit? One piece or two? For instance a 5mm Henderson full suit in a 6 tall is pretty close to her size.

Size chart is from Leisure pro
Looking for a 5mm. She has no insulation of her own and is always cold while the rest of us sweat. The 6T hits the height, but she'd still be 2 inches under the lower limit on waist. If only there was a 4T...

Try xcel, they have tall sizes and easy returns, so you could just keep what fits.
Checked them out.... she hits an 8 for hips, 4 for waist and an 8T for height lol. Might have to just do what you suggest and buy a bunch / return what doesn't work.

The guys at Wetsuit Wearhouse or SpearfishingWorld.com are really great with helping people size wetsuits over the phone.

If all else fails ry looking at a made to measure suit.

FWIW, I'd never buy a wetsuit online unless I'd used that brand before as not all manufacturers appear to use a standard size model.

If all else fails ry looking at a made to measure suit.

FWIW, I'd never buy a wetsuit online unless I'd used that brand before as not all manufacturers appear to use a standard size model.
many offer free returns if it doesnt fit.
the stretch quite a bit

many offer free returns if it doesnt fit.
Yes, but it's still a bloody hassle to do that.

My experience as a 5'9 woman on the slender side (but much thicker than your girlfriend) says avoid Henderson. I like their suits, and yes they offer tall sizes, but their standard sizes are cut for fuller figures than most other brands. A Henderson 10 tall fits me about the same as a regular 12 in most other brands. I could smuggle canteloupes in a Henderson 12. Aqualung suits seem to run a little slim, so might be a good bet.

Custom sounds ideal; a perfect fit makes a real difference in warmth. Barring that, look for no-hassle returns so she can try it on.

Back
Top Bottom