Wanted full 3mm wetsuit for very thin but tall 8 year old

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoundForElsewhere

Snarkmeister
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there, fellow parents.

My daughter did her first Bubblemaker in Koh Tao this past August and wants to do more when we go to Coz in November. She was in a rash guard and bathing suit and got cold very quickly. This time, to help her enjoy the experience more, I would like to get her set up in a full wetsuit to keep her all warm and toasty and happy.

She is on the tall and thin end of the spectrum so the height of a size 8 but the girth of a size 6. I am hopeful that someone on here might have something sitting a closet or drawer (or trunk) that would fit the bill. If not, can anyone make a suggestion on a wetsuit brand that is made for skinny kids? It seems like most brands are basically neoprene garbage bags with tight wrists and ankles.

We live in Manhattan, NY if there is anyone local. Thank you in advance.

Given the speed at which children grow, you may want to order a few different children's sized suits from a vendor that has free returns (Amazon?) and find one that fits (sending the rest back).
Whatever you buy for her will probably not fit 6-12 months from now, so an inexpensive suit may make the most sense.

Given the speed at which children grow, you may want to order a few different children's sized suits from a vendor that has free returns (Amazon?) and find one that fits (sending the rest back).
Whatever you buy for her will probably not fit 6-12 months from now, so an inexpensive suit may make the most sense.
I can do that or walk over to LeisurePro and spend a day trying on a slew of wetsuits and letting my daughter enjoy the thrill of squeezing into three or four different wetsuits in a warm dressing room.

which is exactly why i would rather go the slightly used route. might help someone empty some closets, too. I just hate buying new stuff when there is perfectly good pre-loved stuff out there. recycling at a personal level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom