Help Attaching SMB to BC please, need idea's!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJMike:
From the Diveriteexpress website, on the nylon mesh sleeve:

We suggest using your choice of either TWO plastic or S/S sex bolts to easily attach the sleeve to the side or bottom of a backplate.

What is a sex bolt?
AKA "book screw"

SS links work as well or maybe better. Sleeve is more flexible.

I have used zip ties too although if you twist em they will break.

I use Quick Links to attach stuff like a DSMB pouch. I don't recommend cable ties since you can get stainless steel Quick Links at any Dive Rite dealer or Home Depot.

I used two bungee loops of stretchy 5/32" attached to the weight pouch pocket (does not interfere with pocket and holes go through plastic pouch reinforcement) and made mine to fit close along my wing ... I got tired of it floating around and this holds it nicely and easily removed .. rigging a bolt snap/bungee to it now, will both hold it in, and keep it rolled up

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/71265/cat/500/ppuser/43074

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/71264/cat/500/ppuser/43074

My LDS found me an Akona (sp?) 6" pony bottle bag, the SMB fit's down into the bag perfectly, and if you clip the finger spool on and set it on top you can hold it in place with the two velcro straps over the top.

Only "problem" is that I have to attach it to the tank band, so we're back to me having the wife's on my back and mine on her back... Oh well, should the worst case happen, we could always get too them.

Perhaps you could fit the pony bag upside down, it would make it easier to reach behind to the open end of the bag?

thanks for the suggestions all!

thanks for the suggestions all!

If you have a weight integrated BC, you can switch to the DUI Weight & Trim Harness, and keep the DSMB in the slot where your weight pocket was.

Works great on my SP Classic+. I have room for 2 9' OMS DSMBs.

Terry

Roll the bag up, clip it to your right chest D-ring and then use a piece of bungie or surgical tubing around the shoulder strap to hold it in place.

When using this bag as a lift bag, be careful. The dump is in a horrid place for a lift bag. It is actually only a over pressure valve. You will not be able to dump air from that valve until the thing is totally full. If you get too much air in it and it begins an ascent on it's own, let it go and get away. You won't be able to fine tune buoyancy with it at all.

Back
Top Bottom