Help - Atomic or Scuba Pro ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any sand / debris concerns ? Years ago my Oceanic “held up” to my NON EXTREME diving :outtahere:.. Sooooo, I’m pretty confident with either of these. :rofl3:. Like I said, I pretty much want this to be a “Just about ready for anything” set.
No, I think that is not such a big deal so long as you rinse it after a day of diving. Is sealed better than not sealed? Not for the Atomic where it will cost more. Get a Mk17 or Mk19 or Apeks DST if you must have that feature.

Sealing a reg at service time will add a significant cost to that service. Christolube aint cheap. Be aware of that…

Thanks again. I don’t think I “NEED” a sealed first stage... (Never had one before). With the numerous amount of divers that I know, I can‘t ever recall hearing about a sealed first stage ? Everything I seem to see about it now seems to indicate that it’s more for COLD WATER / anti freeze reasons - Not sand or debris >> I’m leaning towards the Scuba Pro and at this point, if money wasn’t an issue I WOULD BUY BOTH ! 😁

Hi everyone.
Hopefully this doesn’t turn into the Ford vs Chevy debate :letsparty::rofl3:
I have an “opportunity“ to buy a Scuba Pro MK25 EVO with an S620 Ti second stage ONLY (No octo or anything else) -for 450.00 (includes receipt of being serviced by a dive shop right before I would receive it) …. OR ….
Atomic B2 1st and 2nd stages with an Oceanic Alpha 8 octo For > 350-375… ** (and I would have to get that one serviced / inspected).. I may never dive COLD waters so, I’m not quite sure which to grab ??????
Thanks again to all of you !
Well your answer is already been supplied, to sum it up the answer is yes. Of the two options the SP is the better deal with the fresh service.

sealing protects the insides of these piston regulators, a diaphragm type keeps the abrasives on the outside.

the big difference is the Atomic CAN be sealed at extra cost, the mk25 not practically. The Mk25 can have the IP adjusted without disassembly, Atomic needs shiming to adjust the IP, none of this really matters to someone who doesn’t do their own tuning/repairs.

I would go for the SP.

The Atomic gives you an octo for $50 over the SP and an extended service interval. (I'm guessing that service will be about $150 for 3 stages on top of the $350 purchase.) I guess one big question is do you already have an octo to put on the SP? Otherwise that SP price goes up, and the Atomic would be an easy choice for me.

The Atomic gives you an octo for $50 over the SP and an extended service interval. (I'm guessing that service will be about $150 for 3 stages on top of the $350 purchase.) I guess one big question is do you already have an octo to put on the SP? Otherwise that SP price goes up, and the Atomic would be an easy choice for me.
No, the Only thing I have left is an aluminum 80. Now, my son and possibly my Wife want to get certified. We were going take our time and pick up gear for the 2 (or maybe 3 of us as deals came along. I already KNOW what’s going to happen … I’ll get the Scuba Pro.. I’ll LOVE IT… aaand my Wife or Son will keep BORROWING IT 🙄🤣
Shockingly - I see the SP MK25 EVO and the S620Ti combo retail cost is 899-999 !!!

If you ever plan on tec diving, go with the S600 instead.
Because of element of titanium and gases used in tec diving.

That said, I love my mk25 EVO and s620 Ti.
I haven't tried an Atomic.
But the mk25 EVO is so good I got another for my side tank setup.
Effortless breathing.

Good morning crew !!
UPDATE…So, NOW the offer (to me) from the seller is 430 shipped for the Atomic set. Their listing price is 500 (he was “considering” my offer of 350 then 375).
The SP was negotiated at 400 shipped + 50 toward the shop service being done. I’m seriously considering buying BOTH for less than 900 because we will need a minimum of 2 sets… and the additional items needed for the SP can be found slowly as deals come up… ????? 🤔…Hmmmm … come to think of it…. MAYBE that’s just my way of justifying buying both so I get one of them for myself ….for a while ??????:rofl3::jester::rocker:
THANKS EVERYONE ! Have a great day !!

Well, I now OWN the Atomic set ! (For the 430.00 shipped and insured)
Just waiting on the final agreement / acceptance for the Scuba Pro set (450.00) and that would give us BOTH rigs for 880.00. I feel like I got a really good deal - and I’ve seen a few for a bit more (rarely less on here).

I think you should get both!

James

Back
Top Bottom