Help - Atomic or Scuba Pro ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flgrizzy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone.
Hopefully this doesn’t turn into the Ford vs Chevy debate :letsparty::rofl3:
I have an “opportunity“ to buy a Scuba Pro MK25 EVO with an S620 Ti second stage ONLY (No octo or anything else) -for 450.00 (includes receipt of being serviced by a dive shop right before I would receive it) …. OR ….
Atomic B2 1st and 2nd stages with an Oceanic Alpha 8 octo For > 350-375… ** (and I would have to get that one serviced / inspected).. I may never dive COLD waters so, I’m not quite sure which to grab ??????
Thanks again to all of you !

Hi everyone.
Hopefully this doesn’t turn into the Ford vs Chevy debate :letsparty::rofl3:
I have an “opportunity“ to buy a Scuba Pro MK25 EVO with an S620 Ti second stage ONLY (No octo or anything else) -for 450.00 (and includes receipt of being serviced by a dive shop right before I receive it) …. OR ….
Atomic B2 1st and 2nd stages with an Oceanic Alpha 8 octo For > 350-375… ** (and I would have to get that one serviced / inspected).. I may never dive COLD waters so, I’m not quite sure which to grab ??????
Thanks again to all of you !

Man, that's a tough choice :)

I would go with the Atomic B2 combo and add the environment sealing kit with the service. Sealing isn't just for cold water, it is also used to keep sand, salt, etc. from entering the balance chamber for outstanding reliability of first stage.

Man, that's a tough choice :)

I would go with the Atomic B2 combo and add the environment sealing kit with the service. Sealing isn't just for cold water, it is also used to keep sand, salt, etc. from entering the balance chamber for outstanding reliability of first stage.
🤣 you felt my pain making the choice !….ANOTHER thought / concern is -
does Scuba Pro dominate in the availability of repair or service shops ?

I would go with the 620 Ti since it has a titanium air tube and other bits. The Atomic is available in titanium but the model you mention is not. Win in the given choices to the Scubapro.

James

ANOTHER thought / concern is -
does Scuba Pro dominate in the availability of repair or service shops ?

It does with most extensive worldwide dealer network compared to all other dive equipment manufacturers.

On the other hand, Atom B2 with sealed first stage will be the most reliable regulator out there that you can go for much longer time between servicing making the requlator much better value with lowest cost of ownership.

I would go with the 620 Ti since it has a titanium air tube and other bits. The Atomic is available in titanium but the model you mention is not. Win in the given choices to the Scubapro.

James
The B2 has titanium in the second stage. It is the first stage that is the substantial difference from the T3. B2 1st stage being chromed brass.

The B2 has titanium in the second stage. It is the first stage that is the substantial difference from the T3. B2 1st stage being chromed brass.
Both have Titanium (barrel) in the second stage. I think they’re VERY similar but, I never had premium gear for diving

James
I would swear I saw video and read that Atomic uses a titanium barrel in all of their second stages ??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom