Downsizing Regs/Choosing Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You do know that this is extraordinarily uncommon in modern sidemount and generally unnecessary right?

I don't know that, I never took an official survey. I am sure that it is not mandatory or a must have since most second stages in the market aren't "ambidextrous" (?). I have, however, talked with several long time SM divers and instructors and they love this feature.

I have two Royal Aqua Masters, two Phoenix Aqua Masters, three Argonaut Krakens, four Conshelf XIVs, two Titan LX Supremes, one Core Supreme and one Legend Supreme (wife) and eight MkV clones. All of them, save for the MkV clones have basically the same first stage and parts, more or less. The MkV clones, also share parts commonality. It does make keeping parts on hand easier. I have other regulators but they are not in rotation. N

Unless you are capable of servicing your own gear, I'd echo what a few others here have mentioned on this and many other related threads -- of sticking to a single brand, to streamline the availability of parts and ease of servicing . . .

Back
Top Bottom