Help - Atomic or Scuba Pro ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Screenshot_20220914-073727_Gmail.jpg

Scubapro used to seal their pistons (think SPEC Mk10). But complaining techs killed it. And here we are...
Read his very next line!
Yes, I did read it all, and was just waiting for the photos that were sure to come.
Thanks.

It's a simple as this: if you're a regulator geek, you'll go nuts with the obligations of Scubapro service. You'll tolerate the hassle of sealing the Atomic, but love the interval and consistency.
As rsingler said...

Wow, you not only know regs, you also know us! :) I have to confess for our local SoCal beach dives the Atomic second stage goes longer between rebuilds. As much as I ADORE rebuilding the S620ti, the Atomic needs it less frequently and now wins me over.

But you just can't go wrong with either. Logistics, not performance, decide for me. For a tropical vacation reg I'd really recomend a Mk25(T) and S620ti. It is made for that. I was going to recommend Atomic to a friend who then asked if he can get it serviced while travelling (after having a reg fail on a recent trip and losing a day of diving), and I reversed and said "stick to Scubapro". But for us DIY geeks or local SoCal divers Atomic is awesome. You see: logistics...

I still like my Mk25 [and mk10 and Mk10+, and a 'shed load' of other pistons], I was taught how to service both kinds of regulators [ like country and western music, both kinds of music] :wink: a long time ago, I am still a piston regulator guy, I only service my own regulators now, retired now from that type of work [no money in it for the time spent].
Unlike the above styles of music, of which I don't like both:giggle:, I will dive what is 'at hand' and in "good order', and that happens to be my pistons.

Edit: Not many times have I seen 1st stages as bad as the ones above, a few, but not that many.

Of course, no such worries with a diaphragm first stage.

Of course, no such worries with a diaphragm first stage.
Sarcasm or a statement of fact ?

Funny either way.

Early US Divers Conshelf XIV failing when we were given them in the Navy , a pin that sheered off if I remember right, put me off them for a long time.
We were using these for years before the XIV.
IMG_20220915_132107.jpg

Back
Top Bottom