helmets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D1V3R:
I know a few cavers in N. Florida who enjoy wearing a helmet for head protection, and to mount lights on
It's just a matter of preference

I am not a DIR kind of guy at lest not presently, so please excuse my intrusion. However, on many dives I have wished I had a helmet. The idea to mount a light to it is even better. I don’t want to mount my main light but just a small resource light. Do you know where these guys get there helmets, I have looked around and I have not seen anything that looks like it works very good. Currently I am not aware of any company that is manufacturing helmets just for diving.

bajashack:
I am not a DIR kind of guy at lest not presently, so please excuse my intrusion. However, on many dives I have wished I had a helmet. The idea to mount a light to it is even better. I don’t want to mount my main light but just a small resource light. Do you know where these guys get there helmets, I have looked around and I have not seen anything that looks like it works very good. Currently I am not aware of any company that is manufacturing helmets just for diving.

I used to use a Dive-rite helmet, but it was kind of flimsy so i sarted using a pro-tec skateboarding helmet and that worked really well
i havent used it for several years now since i sold my scooter

PfcAJ:
D1V3R, this question was posted in the DIR forum, suggesting a DIR oriented response. I know lots of people who do things in diving that aren't DIR, and I don't comment about their configurations or diving practices here because.....this is the DIR forum...

Eactly right. This is the DIR forum and I was hoping to get a DIR answer. I understand about not mounting lights. That makes total sense. I imaging getting an 18W HID in the face isn't that fun.

bajashack:
However, on many dives I have wished I had a helmet.

Want : Helmet

Why: Head hitting top of cave

Cause: Poor Bouyancy?

Fix: Helmet or proper Bouyancy?

Ben_ca:

Helmet is cheaper and easier. The solution says volumes.

Ben_ca:

Lots of surge in these parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom