Heated Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ideally waterproof as I know about the risk of thermal burns, pain, suffering, death of putting non-waterproof batteries in a drysuit. BUT, that said, what does anyone recommend. My hands are not functioning well in 30F water and I've changed out my liners over the years. Time for heated I think.
TIA

I'm not cold enough yet to spend this amount of coin. I'm waiting on a heated undersuit, it is pre-wired for the gloves. But I know they exist

I'm not cold enough yet to spend this amount of coin. I'm waiting on a heated undersuit, it is pre-wired for the gloves. But I know they exist
Thanks, but agreed. I'd rather suffer with cold hands then not be able to afford bills. LOL. While not ideal I'm hoping someone chimes in that has experience with Li-po battery gloves.

The $350.00 price tag is just a drop in the ocean. Factor in a bulkhead connector, a can, misc cables, plus battery and charger. Add another $1K

The $350.00 price tag is just a drop in the ocean. Factor in a bulkhead connector, a can, misc cables, plus battery and charger. Add another $1K
Already have all that. The hands are only chilled so far, not $350 worth of cold. If I ever make it up to the great lakes, they probably will be $350 worth of cold.

I've started using thin neoprene gloves inside my dry gloves and seems to improve matters.

95 mins in 5 degrees and still able to do stage handling skills on deco etc.

2 weeks ago with standard liners hands were like stone.

Pre dive nutrition is also key though, plenty of carbs keeps the metabolism firing.

Bottoms of feet cold (drysuit, 39F / 3.9C water) Post 3 here

What are you using for exposure protection for those dives? Time in water? Which baselayer/undies/suit type/hood/liners?

TL:DR your core is cold or your wrist seals are cutting off circulation.
Santi BZ 400X (450g) with thermals under that. 7mm hood. 3 layers of gloves one of which includes fourth element. I have no wrist seals. :) My core isn't cold and shaking. It's just my hands. I suffer from low BP, low HR and raynauds. Any suggestions on heated gloves would be great since I've already done due diligence on the rest.

I've started using thin neoprene gloves inside my dry gloves and seems to improve matters.

95 mins in 5 degrees and still able to do stage handling skills on deco etc.

2 weeks ago with standard liners hands were like stone.

Pre dive nutrition is also key though, plenty of carbs keeps the metabolism firing.
Interesting thought. What neoprene gloves fit inside the dry? I have the fourth element liners.

Back
Top Bottom