"Head mounted snorkel"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's this, and how it used?

Holy cow - that's got to be the silliest thing I've ever seen!

Snorkel-4.jpg

"Built on a technological breakthrough in headmount and snorkel design, Ozeon's HM100, PV360 and QV360 have ushered in a new era of "hands free" diving with headmounted video cameras or lights, and "100% fresh air" snorkeling."

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're snorkeling with a "headmounted" video camera...isn't the camera out of the water?

And what the **** is "100% Fresh Air Snorkeling"? Are folks currently connecting their snorkels to their car exhaust or something?

Is this a joke??? Or is some joker really selling this contraption???

Why is it silly? Because it's something you haven't see before?

We use helmet cams all the time, although most of them are home made rigs.

The snorkel is different, to be sure, but pretty much everything innovative looks different at first.

You know, the first time someone suggested they were going to jump into the ocean and use a hose to breath under water, people probably thought that was silly, too.

Personally I view any suggested technology as an opportunity to move forward.

But that's just me.

Jeff

:confused: :confused4: :idk: :demented: :w-t-f: :nope: :eek:hbrother: :laughing:

Can't wait to see the dude in the lab coat from the website demo it on a 30-min infomercial next time I have insomnia...

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

It was at DEMA. The guy walked by with it and displayed it proudly. I really try not to be offensive, but the initial shock and the look on my face may have given it away before I could regain my composure. Proof would be in the pudding, I suppose, but this looks like a complicated answer to a simple question. What ever happened to the ScubaPro Breeze snorkel? IMHO it was the best snorkel ever designed. I had to buy my last one overseas, they're not marketed here in the States any longer.

cressi corsica snorkel...no purge, no muss, no fuss. fold it up and put it in your pocket. i don't think that we need to re-invent the wheel.

however, i think this would work well for a helmet cam or light (IMHO)

To give the guy credit it does address the dead space volume of conventional snorkels and it is an improvement over the original ping pong ball in a cage dry valve.

Obviously, it is designed for snorkelers who plan to primarily snorkel around on the surface rather than for free divers or scuba divers and some of the posters are I suspect intentionally ignoring that obvious fact. In terms of the intended use a head mounted cam pointing down where you are looking makes some sense for a geeky snorkeler who likes video cameras.

That said, the styling is a little goofy for what is already a very goofy looking item. It would probably sell better in basic black.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom