"Head mounted snorkel"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll want to immediately quash the gray market sales. The best way to do this is to only sell it through Boutique Snorkel shops (BS's). Include free parts or life as long as the buyer pays top dollar for yearly service. As soon as your network is set up, sell most of the things to the gray marketers. You'll make more money that way and you won't have to honor those pesky parts for life promises you made.

One last thought. Have it hand-made in the US. Use the worlds most expensive plastic. Commission some studies. Buy a few ads in snorkel magazines and have them do a review or two. Have a couple of your friends wander by from time to time and make a post about it being the best snorkel in history. You can post in these threads also while wrapped in the flag.

Can't miss!

I dont know...................I can see the theory behind the product, but I just cant see the practical side of it.

I do not wish to seem negative, but in my 30 years in the scuba industry I have seen some really odd (and some interesting) inventions been proposed to the market, very few make it past the design / initial prototype stage and seldom ever hit the shop floor. Those that do, GENERALLY have a very short life span.

The scuba and watersports industry is steeped in tradition, radical new products are mostly frowned upon with good reason, most dont work, are too complicated and require constant maintainance, can only work in certain water conditions or are simply too expensive to justify the outcome.

I really wish you luck, this is a tough market.

Over forty years ago, Typhoon, the UK diving equipment company, featured a patented "Universal Ball-Valve" in its 1966 catalogue, combining a head harness with a breathing tube assembly attached to the top of a dive mask. Here's a scan of the relevant page in "Skinner's Handbook for Skin Divers", Typhoon's 1966 catalogue:
Typhoon Universal Ball-Valve.JPG

Ozeon has posted a video of the HM100 on youtube.com

The video explains the HM100 head mount system for hands free diving with portable lights and video cameras, its attachment to a diving mask, and its fit on a diver's head. The product is shown in the water with a diver.

youtube.com/watch?v=9-LtdFz_6KM

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't use a snorkel enough to warrant this device, but the hands free light is nice. What is the range of light diameter that it will hold?

PH

you can attach any hand held light onto the system, but because of the battery weight, I suggest lights in the 1/2 pound range. there are some very good lights in this range that are bright enough to use as a primary. The ability to go from handheld to hands free instantly, is a huge benefit.

The air opening on the PV is approx 4 inches. It is approx 4.5 inches on the QV model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom