He unavailable - DeepAir again?

Your dealing with unpurchaseable He, if so?

• No problems with purchasing He here.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Hard to get He - so I practice DeepAir up to 210ft

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Hard to get He - so I practice DeepAir below 210ft

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Hard to get He - depth limit is 120ft with air

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • He hard to get= expensive so I got a CCR

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the poll needs a few more options. I'm not about to go down to 210' -- at least not yet -- but I've also gone to rebreather, so I'm still using air and diving deeper than 120'.

I won’t do it deep air. At 130ft I’m narced out of my gourd. For me it would be dangerous. Now that I’ve got a CCR, I’ll do Helitrox (150ft) once I’ve got some hours on my unit.

We think alike. Amazing how the He shortage sells rebreathers.

Dude, I'm diving local quarries, so I'm going to 130', not 187'. At 130', if I do a dil flush, I'll hit a PPO of 1.04. Jeez-a-pete.
“I’m not that narced, it’s not that deep, the gas isn’t that dense.” Normalization of deviance.

Put some mix into it or find a reason not to go that deep as a new CCR in a quarry you’ve likely dived many times. What you’re doing is silly and it’s wildly disappointing that that rebreather instructor doesn’t eschew it.

“I’m not that narced, it’s not that deep, the gas isn’t that dense.” Normalization of deviance.

Put some mix into it or find a reason not to go that deep as a new CCR in a quarry you’ve likely dived many times. What you’re doing is silly and it’s wildly disappointing that that rebreather instructor doesn’t eschew it.
OK, then. Please explain to me why diving a profile where I can stay well below a PPO of 1.4 is bad.

He did. Narcosis and gas density don't depend on PPO2 -- they depend on the mix you're breathing.
Well, he did and he didn't. You at least gave an idea of the correct answer, which is much more appropriate and helpful than snark and a wagging finger.

So I looked up the answer, and I found this:

"Anthony and Mitchell summarize their research by recommending an ideal gas density of 5.2 g/L, with an absolute maximum of 6.2 g/L. These numbers correspond with air diving at 102 fsw and 128 fsw, respectively."

-- R. Fogarty. (2019, May 1). Performance under pressure. DAN. dan.org/alert-diver/article/performance-under-pressure/

So, it looks like I'm pushing the limits for gas density on air. Fair enough. I'll take that under advisement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom