Hate to complain, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this forum is by far the slowest I have ever tried, it is all the time slow and ignoring over here in europe,
it is driving me nuts.

Being new to the forum I will say the content is very good and I rely on it for informative info. I will have to say thought that it is very slow for me as well. While reading this thread I have moved around and have timed page loads at 6 to 10 seconds. Seconds not milliseconds. While making these moves I am getting excellent response times across the network to the ip address for the website. Another problem I encounter is when I want to go back to a previous page it will often remain on the page I am on and will require several clicks on the back button before it will move.
As good as SB is, it is still the slowest I visit. Nothing negative towards the board or the web admins. I know it is a tuff job. But facts is facts.

I can say that for some reason this is the slowest v board I use. That being said it works great with Tapatalk . I will work on it from my side and try to figure it out. My avg load time is 5-15seconds. For some reason I can't bookmark the site either. Maybe they are connected somehow.

Load times for me are currently around 4-5 seconds; that's when it's going "well". Sometimes slower. This is with IE9 or Chrome. Chrome used to be faster on SB. Whatever the reason, this site is taking at least 2-3 times as long to load (for me) than before the "upgrade". I visit fewer pages and spend far less time here than before.

Instead of going forward 3 steps, they went the other way 4 steps--------IMO.....

It's gotten better ... at lease for me. On my work computer it's nearly as fast as the other forums I visit ... and as Howard points out, this is a much busier forum than those are.

On my home computer it's still a problem ... 5-15 seconds page loading ... and often once it gets done loading a page it'll "reset" and go through the same 5-15 cycle a second time before I can do much of anything (can't even scroll until it gets done with that) ... but that's still way faster than it was a month ago.

What that tells me is that for some reason either my computer or the browser I'm using at home is the issue. I'm not a computer geek, so I really don't know why. But I spend a lot of time here, and humans are amazingly adaptable creatures ... so I am learning to just deal with it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's fast as heck here in the Keys. I really had to fight Comcast to get decent speed, but I have won. I can't remember SB ever being this fast. If you have one or more PCs that seem unusually slow, please check your PC for malware including viruses and spyware. These can really slow things down to the point of crawling. Some PCs have undergone so many changes that their registries are a total mess and they should simply be reloaded to restore peak performance.

Pete,
I suspect the reason for the slowdown for us in Europe is the trip to the ad server. At times it can take about 10 seconds for an ad to be displayed.

Just out of curiosity, go to this page: Search Forums - ScubaBoard

Type my user name in and then look at the top right side of the search results and see how long it takes to find posts made by me. My search result came back at 0.53 seconds.

I'm using a 3 year old laptop, my internet connection is Verizon MiFi and FF7

(Work using IE) The search took 0.52 seconds. But it took the web page over 15 seconds to load from when I pressed the search button to tell me that.

At Home using Firefox about 5 second to completely load the page

Last edited:
I re-loaded this thread (after reading once to the bottom here) and it took between 6-7 seconds to fully load.

I'm on a less-than-a-year-old Mac, using Firefox 3, and connection is a T-1 line + through a wireless router. I don't have another computer to compare to, but I do find that other forums load faster on this computer, so I suppose that is a form of comparison.

I didn't come here to register a complaint - just clicked on this as it showed up in my "new posts" search. I like data points so when I saw that others had timed a re-load I decided I would try it as well.

I should add that I still really enjoy the forum :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom