Hate to complain, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amajamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone else find the new forum upgrade to be slow as molasses?

Regardless of the computer, browser, or connection speed I use, (and I log on from many different machines) page loading is painfully slow.

Oh well, I just thought I would vent a little...:)

I have nothing to compare it to being a new member but yes it is the slowest forum i visit. I'm sure it will smooth out in time

Yes, it is slow as heck now. I spend most of my time on faster forums. i don't have endless patience.

What are ya'll considering 'slow' and what are you considering 'fast'?

My average page load times are under 2 seconds and I've checked 4 other forums and none are loading any faster than that.

I'm with Cave Diver... I'm not seeing the "slow loading." Been on this forum for about five or six years, and the only time's I've seen issues is during maintenance, or upgrades, which is normal for any site...

Other than that... haven't had a problem...

What are ya'll considering 'slow' and what are you considering 'fast'?

My average page load times are under 2 seconds and I've checked 4 other forums and none are loading any faster than that.

With my computer and internet connection, 2 seconds is a long time. My other forums pop open in 0 seconds.

When every single page takes 2-3 seconds to load, I am very picky about what posts I will read. Before the upgrade, things were fine.

Just out of curiosity, go to this page: Search Forums - ScubaBoard

Type my user name in and then look at the top right side of the search results and see how long it takes to find posts made by me. My search result came back at 0.53 seconds.

I'm using a 3 year old laptop, my internet connection is Verizon MiFi and FF7

My search result came back at .54 seconds, but it took 3 seconds for the page to load up.

My search result came back at .54 seconds, but it took 3 seconds for the page to load up.

:idk:

No clue why I have faster page loads and search results than you do. Granted the search wasn't much faster, but judging from your previous statement that you've got a fast computer and connection. I would have expected you to have faster overall times than I do.

Data point: I hit reload on this relatively short thread, and it took 14 sec. On big threads, 30-60 sec is the norm, with load times exceeding that not being all that unusual. Seems to be roughly the same with a couple of different residential ISPs in this part of the world (Ethernet connections, not wireless), or the big fiber-linked network at work, and on a variety of reasonably current browsers at either sets of locations. IIRC, pre-upgrade the response times were 10-30 sec.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom