Has anyone tried the Airstash (wireless SDHC card reader)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dom Perignon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In my quest to find a device to back up/reviewing/deleting diving pictures without having to haul a PC while traveling, I stumbled into a potential solution: AirStash.

AirStash®: wireless flash drive + pocket media server + SD adapter for iPad, iPhone, Kindle Fire, and more

It's an SDHC card reader that can be plugged into a USB port (to read/write whatever files)
and
it's a wireless streamer that multiple devices can connect to (to read/write whatever files).

According to reviews (comments on Amazon are pretty good), it works with the iPads, iPhones (even the iTouch), any Wifi enabled PC. It's supposed to work with Android tablets, but I've read there are compatibility issues.

If anyone has tested it I would love to hear your comments.

I might just buy one to test it out, and return it if it's lame.

FYI what I'm looking for is a device to:

1-transfer diving pix from an SDHC card so I can review & delete the bad ones

2-back up the goods ones onto a USB flash card or HD.

I looked at dedicated devices but those are too expensive + have only a single use. So I figured I'd look for something on the tablet side. I've played with the iPad and its Camera connection kit, which is great to review pix & delete them, but this won't let you back up your files. That was until I read about the AirStash, which supposedly will let you save files back to another SDHC card (a greater capacity card would act as my back up).

Thanks.

I just bought the eye-fi. it actually backs up the card to a computer or iPad without taking the card out of the camera (no need for wifi you can create an ad hoc network) and immediately frees up the space on the card if you choose. You may want to take a look at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom