Hamilton Pool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat:
That is still the plan, Good Lord willin' and the creeks don't flood :)
My current plan is to head out to pool early Sat morn so as to be at Hamilton pool when it opens, do the dive, then lunch and beer after, at some point in weekend bicycling in Reimers and of course more drinking,eating and camping fun:D

Camping? Where are you camping?

Hemlon:
Camping? Where are you camping?
Possibly at Chris and Melissa's, although I am still looking for other possibilities nearby. It was great of them to offer, I could drive home as easily as to Mansfield, and either would limit my beer consumption:( So I would like to camp someplace close by to hamilton and reimers.

chrispete:
Melissa wanted me to post a followup to our invite. I looked around and there is really only camping at two places near Hamilton Pool as Reimers doesn't allow camping. The first is Pedernales State Park which is ~10-15 miles away via farm roads (i.e. they might be dirt roads in places) or ~20-25 miles via decent roads. Mansfield Dam on Lake Travis is the next nearest spot to camp with about a 20-25 mile drive.

We have room to serve as an after BBQ/party/whatnot crash pad for some of you guys inside the house in the guest BR and office and room for more if you don't mind sleeping in the living room on the couch, papsans, floor, etc. We also have plenty of room for tents if anyone wanted to camp in the yard - we even have a fire pit in the backyard for a bonfire if everyone's so inclined.

We just wanted to extend that invite, in addition to offering the house as a base camp, for anyone who would like to stay here since we are right down the road from Hamilton Pool. Inside accomodations are on a "shotgun" basis. We do have electricity and water available outside for anyone who might want those things - no primitive camping in our yard, nosiree :wink:

Chris & Melissa

I would be open to driving to Pedernales and camping after our dive. Shaggie and I hiked it one time and it was gorgeous.

Aww, I can't go the 1st weekend in May. I'll be in Indonesia... diving Bali

I wish I could join you guys... I would love to meet all of you.

What???

You're not going to cancel your Bali trip in order to dive at Hamilton Pool???

I'm shocked.

The 1/2 mile hike with scuba gear alone should be enough to make you want to cancel just about anything in order to go! On second thought, can I go to Bali with you?

I just PM'ed directions to my house for those who said they wanted to dive Hamilton Pool. Park opens at 9 AM, entrance fee is $8 per car. Please let me know if you plan to stay at my house so I know to expect you! Otherwise it's a good place to meet and park for carpooling.
We are diving that Saturday, right? Cinqo de Mayo?

Melissa

Back
Top Bottom