Hamilton Pool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan on being there also, blowing off camping to go by Macks on way back. Been computer challenged this week, rebuilding laptop, have borrow computer to get on line. What say meet at Chris and Melissa's about 7:30 or eight, then head on over to Park? Anybody coming from Cedar park area want to carpool in my van?

7:30-8ish is good. Water temp was (no computer, just guessing here) 70-75 F last Sunday. I'm going to wear a 3 mil with gloves and hood. I'm also going to run by OHS and rent me a lighter tank.
I did call the park and they said the 9 A opening rule is set in stone - we can't get in early. No carts, its all what we can carry. And pray that the rain stops because today they are closed due to flooding.
Melissa

RumBum:
7:30-8ish is good. Water temp was (no computer, just guessing here) 70-75 F last Sunday. I'm going to wear a 3 mil with gloves and hood. I'm also going to run by OHS and rent me a lighter tank.
I did call the park and they said the 9 A opening rule is set in stone - we can't get in early. No carts, its all what we can carry. And pray that the rain stops because today they are closed due to flooding.
Melissa
OOOO-I forgot about the rain! Often they will close the pool to swimming after a rain for a couple of days because of high bacteria levels. It would be good to call first in the morning and see if it is OK to go.

I seem to have lost your directions also Chris and Mellissa. Please PM me.

Finding the phone number for Hamilton Pool was easy to find so I called to see if they are open today. With the recent rain, I was curious.

They were closed today according to the recorded message.

I hope this isn't the case on Saturday!

I am going to change my mind. 7:30 is a little early.... closer to 8 is better. I'm a little morning-impaired. We only live 10 minutes from Hamilton Pool and they won't open the gates till 9.
I'll have a pot of coffee on... :D

Melissa

I called the park today and the attendant said that she doesn't anticipate Hamilton Pool to be open for swimming tomorrow. :( She said that we should call in the AM to get confirmation.

Do we have a contingency plan? Do we want to dive somewhere else if HP is closed?

Shoot! You're right, Donna... I just called and was told that they will definately not be allowing anyone in the water tomorrow. They said they won't be open for swimming until *maybe* Monday. We need a back-up plan. Y'all want to dive Mansfield Dam? Open to all suggestions... ?

Back
Top Bottom