Halcyon STA-less BP / Wing Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curiosity on my part, Ben. It's a bit annoying when the plate is flapping around as you're trying to tighten down, but I don't see what the wing has to do with it.

I've tried it rigged with one screw through the wing and plate into a p-weight (the other was too deep) and I didn't notice any extra benefit.

YMMV.

...when using my pioneer wing. No problems yet..

From the side the backplate goes on..

...the bolt itself next to the Halcyon logo for scale..

Those are different to what my 2001 Pioneer came with - I'll pick some up at a hardware shop.

Ben

the carriage bolt that came with my pioneer sticks out too much, the head of the bolt hits against the tank and cocks the tank to one side or the other. A flat headed stainless machine screw that will sit flush in the grommet will work better. I used a couple of big plastic auto body clips, like the kind that hold on a hood liner, they sit flatter than the carriage bolt. Haven't had any problems so far, I got them at Lowes.

that they would also scratch the bejeezus out of the tank.

I use the STA right now, but I want the 4lbs of weight. This summer I might not, as I'm going to HP steelies....

Back
Top Bottom