Halcyon STA-less BP / Wing Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony once bubbled...
of the camband tank keepers. This works nice for me and the mrs. (keeps em' good and tight)

tony

8d,12h,25m
Dang...I may have to send the STA back then when it comes in. That looks like a great idea Tony.

I got the idea trying to keep the boltheads from marring the tanks and after trying tube on the bolt heads (see remnants of the tube in the pic?), I remembered the Ranger tank keepers. Just happened it made the whole system tighter.

tony 8,9,43

I have resisted - I bet he is obviously waiting for someone to ask as my money is on him about to go somewhere flash!

He is getting married? God I hope he doesn't play with things that go Boom!:D

Anywho.... That is a slick idea with the rubber pads. Seems like it would make it all less stable?

Let us know if you REALLY REALLY like it rigged with the camband tank keepers.

Could be the way to go!

Actually......We celebrate our 27th October 4. counting the days till we head for our yearly annisversary celebration in the Yucatan... this year 10 days in Coz. And yes, the tank keepers really make the rig more stable, at least on mine. The tank can't pivot on the bolt heads... we love it! Plus as UP mentioned, it's a great finish saver.

tony

6d,10h,33m

Okay, been using a Pioneer for over a year now, but have always used it with a seperate STA - I'm now looking at using it with just the integrated STA - how are people attaching the wing to the backplate? Originally it came with the same SS nuts and bolts that Halcyon supply to attach the SMB backpack to the backplate, and I think one was longer to go through the top hole (which also has to pass through the eyelet in the harness). They're somewhere in the toolbox, but meanwhile, has anyone found a more practical/better/interesting way of attaching the wing and backplate?

I don't want to rely on just the cam straps passing through the slots in both the wing and backplate.

Scubaroo wrote...
I don't want to rely on just the cam straps passing through the slots in both the wing and backplate.
Why? It's quite secure when the tank is buckled in.

metridium once bubbled...
Why? It's quite secure when the tank is buckled in.
Because I've tried it at home and I personally reckon it's a pain having the wing and backplate seperate while clamping the cam straps shut.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom