Halcyon Backed Up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekkie

Reaction score
Hey,
I ordered my Halcyon Pioneer 27 today and my LDS said to expect it in by MAY because they were having production problems. Does anyone know anything about this? Two months seems kind of long to me.

Thanks
Tekkie

Tekkie once bubbled...
Hey,
I ordered my Halcyon Pioneer 27 today and my LDS said to expect it in by MAY because they were having production problems. Does anyone know anything about this? Two months seems kind of long to me.

Thanks
Tekkie

Call www.fifthd.com or www.extreme-exposure.com They are directly linked with halcyon and will probably have what you want in stock.Your LDS is a lot further down on the food chain than EE or fifthd.

Production problems?? Man...on a BC ?? WOW!

A Halcyon Pioneer 27... Just like you. I ordered it from http://www.fifthd.com and they had them in stock. It should be sent on Monday.

No stocking problem... And certainly no manufacturing problem.

The only problem there might be is that the supply may have a hard time keeping up with the demand. Halcyon's tripled in size in the past three years, right in the middle of the dive industry seeing a gigantic 40% (!) sales slump this year.

Interesting, eh? Get your wing directly from the source... Extreme Exposure (the sister company of Halcyon) or Fifth Dimension, the dive shop that is owned by Andrew G., a GUE instructor and chairperson.

So they increased from 400 to 1200?

My LDS had one in stock today if you want to order from them:

Sea the World Scuba Center 248-478-6400. Owner's name is Craig.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
So they increased from 400 to 1200?

I sense some jealousy here:eek:

No jealousy....Just putting things into perspective. I have a fairly new dive shop. As of June 1 of this yr. it will be two yrs since I opened the doors. I increased by about 500% over last yr. However....When your new....You have absolutely no where to go but up...Halcyon is small..very very small. Unlike the big guys who have been around 30-50+ yrs. The big guys have pretty much leveled out. Hope Halcyon keeps going up. But there prices are 100% nuts for what you get. NUTS.

But it's always nice to see some Loyal divers to a company. That's pretty rare these days.

Hell, I can't even find a loyal dive instructor.

Back
Top Bottom