Greetings. Moving to Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I grew up in Southern California, did my original OW certifcation dives at Balboa Beach. Went to work after college, moved around and ended up in Houston area. I will tell you this: my allergies are far worse in California than here, people are friendlier in Texas & will give you the shirt off their backs if you need help, we have better barbeque, better beer -> Shiner Bock, and better ice cream -> Blue Bell. Great Tex-Mex and seafood. We've got Robert Earl Keen, Rosie Flores, Los Lonely Boys and a bunch more. If we ever have to secede we've got oil, gas, ranches, and farms, I guess we'll survive. I was born in California but am a naturalized Texan, and day I moved my middle daughter into her college dorm room saw her hang a Lone Star flag over her bed I knew I'd done at least one thing right.....

:) Okay, maybe I'm laying it on a little thick, but you'll love it here. Welcome.

Was talking to some sailing buddies one day and talking about taking the boat to Cancun... It still is marked Maryland... They said to make sure and fly a Texas flag because Caribbean pirates (yes they do still exist) will stay away because they know all Texans have guns on board... which is a real pain because I dont remember which gun is where... shotguns in the closet, pistols near the door and night stand, which pistol in which car and which boat... it is just too much to keep straight the older I get...

About 15-20 miles on those photos. Those were taken on a safety stop or snorkeling. I take my camera when I go spearfishing so when I am on a safety stop I have something to do. Last weekend I left it in the boat and really missed out cause there were tons of small fish on the safety stop.

Wow, I'm dying to dive out near the rigs off of SPI (or where ever) but don't know anyone with a boat or anything out that way.

If you ever plan a boat dive out there, I'd gladly make the drive from San Antonio.

Thank you all for your response. I lived in San Antonio for a few months several years ago and had a great time. This will be my last move. Allergies here in Indiana are terrible. Looking forward to meeting new dive buddies.

I'm moving to about an hour west of Houston in a couple of months with my native Texan gf. We were curious about the diving conditions off Matagorda. Water temp? vis?

Welcome to Texas and the swamp....... Glad to have you.............ALL divers welcome

:D

Welcome to Texas! We moved here a little over 3 years ago, and love it. I don't find my allergies to be any worse here than they were in Mo., and I love hot weather!

Happy Diving,
Rhonda

Fixerr is just a weenie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom