Greetings from Villa Alba, Tulamben, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in Bali and highly doubt that would be available here. I also make a scuba instructor salary LOL

I did mine in Australia. Went for a few weeks as you need a test first. Then if you are suitable they do one eye first the other eye a week later. Then of course no diving for awhile. I did cataracts and the Tri focal lenses all up cost me around AUD$15,000. Was quite cheap as A$ was crashing at the time. Just in case you ever want it done.... PS I have no idea what you would earn in Bali. Airfares and a place to stay extra lol

I know a couple of people that used a magnifying glass. I tried one but did not like the idea of carrying one around all the time.

Never heard of anyone using one of these on a dive until this week. I was guiding two friends from the UAE on much dives and overheard someone during a surface interval discussing using a magnifying glass.

I live in Bali and highly doubt that would be available here. I also make a scuba instructor salary LOL
You can get +1 to +4 lenses at Dive Sport in Sanur for about 200,000 IDR. Life saver for me

@ScubaWithTurk @Searcaigh Shall we meet here before we dive to get some? :D

I'm scheduled to be back in Tulamben with @Searcaigh in late April/early May. Let's dive!

I am thinking of getting a magnifying glass.

Do you have dates yet? Late April I can do. May would be next to impossible as my brother is coming to visit for two weeks starting 2 May and after two days in Amed we will travel around Bali so I finally get to see more of the island I call home.

Do you have dates yet? Late April I can do
I might start my trip by mid-April, not 100% sure yet as Yanni is likely to be changing jobs and will have to cancel my visa as I am now under her sponsorship to live here.

Will let you know fairly soon.

Do you have dates yet? Late April I can do. May would be next to impossible as my brother is coming to visit for two weeks starting 2 May and after two days in Amed we will travel around Bali so I finally get to see more of the island I call home.
I’ll DM you.

Do you have dates yet? Late April I can do. May would be next to impossible as my brother is coming to visit for two weeks starting 2 May and after two days in Amed we will travel around Bali so I finally get to see more of the island I call home
Definitely get the magnifying glass! Try for glass instead of plastic lens if possible. Mine even comes with a protective cover for the glass area, and I keep it attached to my gear with a smaller coil bungie.

[/QUOTE]

Something like this with the hole in the handle for attaching to the bungee.
Screenshot_20230225_131247_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I tried an amazing mask recently and I'm considering purchase:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom