Greetings from Villa Alba, Tulamben, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sick video. 24 isnt even all that cold. I'm happy for you.
Agree! 24 is good. When last I saw them, it hit 19.

Saw Balinese Wobbegong today in Nusa Penida. Have been searching for one for 15 years. Finally saw 2 of them under a boulder. They look like Australian wobbegong (less tassels & straight tail). Will upload the video tonight and post it here.

I forgot to put battery in my video. So the video is not as good as I wanted. But I still have 2 more days of diving here.

I’m staying at Scoobydoo hotel & diving with Lembongan Dive Center, the operator that can get to Crystal Bay by 7am in the water, leaving Lembongan at 6:30am.

I’m in Komodo now, but will be flying to Bali tomorrow (the 25th) and will be there from tomorrow to Tuesday morning, the 29th of August. Then I’ll be flying home in the afternoon. I’ll DM @ScubaWithTurk and see if I can shoot the breeze with him if he’s free during that period.

I was in Bali two weeks ago, before cruising to Komodo. Dove in Nusa Penida and saw 7 Mola Mola! They are back in Crystal Bay! In fact I’m going to return to Crystal Bay on this coming Saturday & Sunday. It’s going to be a zoo down there then, but hey, the early bird (get in the water by 7am) gets the worm!

Dang nice video. I've done that dive in 22c water in my shorts and T shirt. Was a we bit chilly lol.
Nice about being able to get their 7am before crowds of divers are around. I'll keep that in mind.

Reactions: Dan
Agree! 24 is good. When last I saw them, it hit 19.

Saw 3 Mola Mola & 2 Bamboo Sharks in Blue Corner (Lembongan) with thermocline around 17C. Then 2 Mola Mola in Sental (Nusa Penida) at 26C.

One more day of diving in Lembongan & Nusa Penida tomorrow. Then head back to Denpasar & fly home on the 29th.

Saw 3 Mola Mola & 2 Bamboo Sharks in Blue Corner (Lembongan) with thermocline around 17C. Then 2 Mola Mola in Sental (Nusa Penida) at 26C.

One more day of diving in Lembongan & Nusa Penida tomorrow. Then head back to Denpasar & fly home on the 29th.
17! 😲 brrrrr 🥶

17!! Frik that's proper dry suit temp!
But you have had some incredible sightings!!
Just saw 2 Mola Mola in Manta Bay at 17C & 41 m depth. Will post the video for the last 3 days of incredible diving in Nusa Penida (8 Mola Mola, 4 Bamboo Sharks, 2 Wobbegong Sharks). 😀

From Beryl.JPG

Beryl, one of dive buddies from that trip to Manta Bay, Nusa Penida, sent me this picture of me and one of the Mola Mola at 41m depth & 17C water temperature.

IMG_2028.jpeg

IMG_2029.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom