Greetings from Villa Alba, Tulamben, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Greetings from Bali peoples :D

Arrived here last Friday 30 September, and currently diving with some other SB members (@outofofficebrb , @WetPup , @G83) plus a couple of others including my best buddy from Dubai.

Met up with @Wisnu and his wife for drinks and dinner.

Trip report coming soon after I return and can edit the photos better than just using my Mac.

Some sample pics:

Glad to meet and having great dinner with SB fellows.
Just a quick update,
Tulamben is almost back to normal.
At least 30 divers at seraya yesterday 09:00 am and more than 10 torches moved around around the wreck a night before.
Padang Bai today morning was chilling at 24-25C, Viz more than 20m. Dozens diving/snorkeling boats moving around the area.

That's great to hear. I will be at LDR in about ten days and am very excited to return to an active and alive Tulamben. Can I assume it is best to bring a ton of neoprene as the whole east coast is potentially cold?

That's great to hear. I will be at LDR in about ten days and am very excited to return to an active and alive Tulamben. Can I assume it is best to bring a ton of neoprene as the whole east coast is potentially cold?

Just me, I dived Tulamben Lombok and Lembongan in shorts and T shirt. Most of the time the water temps were above 25c. Fine for me. Crystal Bay in Lembongan on my last day was 22c. My oh my that felt chilly on my forearms in the currents. I brought a sharkskin top Bali but didn't have it on the boat that day.

Many others wearing 5mm and 7mm semi dry. This at the dive site next to Liberty Wreck. Can't recall the name atm lol.
I was in Tulumben from 16 - 20 September but stayed at the Matahari

PIGMY SEA HORSES.JPG
PIGMY SEA HORSE TG6.jpg

Just me, I dived Tulamben Lombok and Lembongan in shorts and T shirt. Most of the time the water temps were above 25c. Fine for me. Crystal Bay in Lembongan on my last day was 22c. My oh my that felt chilly on my forearms in the currents. I brought a sharkskin top Bali but didn't have it on the boat that day....
Yeah... 25c means laying a shark skin, 3mm, and 2.5 mm shorty...potentially even a hooded vest. I'm an unashamed warm water whimp. I hate being cold. Eesh.

Yeah... 25c means laying a shark skin, 3mm, and 2.5 mm shorty...potentially even a hooded vest. I'm an unashamed warm water whimp. I hate being cold. Eesh.

25c for me still fine for shorts and Tshirt. My natural body neoprene does a good job.

I was comfy with my lavacore thermal skin and pant in Tulamben, seraya and melasti at 28 - 29, but not at 25C of Padang bai
normally I also bring my 3mm full wetsuit for additional layer. Not this time though as this trip is not about scuba diving only.

Greetings from Bali peoples :D

Arrived here last Friday 30 September, and currently diving with some other SB members (@outofofficebrb , @WetPup , @G83) plus a couple of others including my best buddy from Dubai.

Met up with @Wisnu and his wife for drinks and dinner.

Trip report coming soon after I return and can edit the photos better than just using my Mac.

Some sample pics:

What ?? @outofofficebrb is here in Bali?? I would love to see all of you.

Does that scot Alex still run the place? He is a top bloke.
Unfortunately not, he and his wife Jessica split up around 2019, and Jessica is now running the place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom