Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With great regret and for personal reasons, I will be unable to dive for a while. I will still be attending functions and m&gs, I just will be unable to get in the water for a while. As soon as I can get back in the water I will let you know. In the meantime --- SAVE DIVING for everyone.:shakehead::shakehead:

Sorry you're having to do that. If it helps any, you have company. I've been held out of the water since June and won't be released until at least March next year. I pretty missed an entire diving season, but, I've also gotten a ton of "honey dews" done in that time.

The good news is that we live in Florida and once we're allowed back in the water, we don't have to plan much or travel across the country to get to great diving.

Psst: Since you can't dive, maybe you would enjoy a diversion. I'm a member of the St. Pete Astronomy Club and we get together at various locations around the Bay Area for something that's called "sidewalk astronomy" (it is what it sounds like). We also meet up at two different viewing sites on New Moon weekends (this coming w/e is one). The bulk of the crowd goes to Withlacoochee and a few die hards do Hardee (i.e. me and a buddy). Come hang out, have a beer and maybe even see something interesting: Monthly Viewing

With great regret and for personal reasons, I will be unable to dive for a while. I will still be attending functions and m&gs, I just will be unable to get in the water for a while. As soon as I can get back in the water I will let you know. In the meantime --- SAVE DIVING for everyone.:shakehead::shakehead:

Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what is keeping you out of the water (docs orders?), but if you are still able to get in a pool I'd recommend continung to swim. That should at least help your "diving muscles" to not become totally dormant during your hiatus and also really to just keep yourself used to being in the water. I got real busy about this time last year through roughly June of this year traveling for work to totally undivable locations (at least for me, Atlanta is totally undivable but you can dive in Milwaukee and Chicago except that I don't do the dry suit thing...) and didn't get any diving in. But, I made sure to take full advantage of the hotel pools to swim as much as possible and when I finally got a chance to go diving again it seemed like I never skipped a beat. On the contrary, I've known other people who couldn't dive for awhile and also didn't get any swim time in and when they finally got their gear on again, in addition to not feeling totally comfortable diving, their muscles were killing them the next day! Heck, for that matter, now that I think about it if you are able to still do SCUBA in a pool I'm sure there are a few people on here (I'm one!) who would gladly jump in a pool occasionally with you to play around and do skills. From my perpsective, anything a person can do to avoid outright being away from diving for an extended period of time is going to help, especially for a newer diver like yourself.

I saw this is a Motor Cyclist mag:
An interesting link that lets you create your own magazine cover. You supply your photo and text, the company prints and frames it and ships it to you for $60.00
MyOwnCover.com - Create Your Own Personalized Magazine Cover!

There are other cover options but I thought all the cyclists would really like this. (Maybe you could let the wife find this link and she could tell Santa for you!)

I dont have any affiliation with this site, I thought the pic of the "sparking knee drag" would look really good like this!

I saw this is a Motor Cyclist mag:
An interesting link that lets you create your own magazine cover. You supply your photo and text, the company prints and frames it and ships it to you for $60.00
MyOwnCover.com - Create Your Own Personalized Magazine Cover!

There are other cover options but I thought all the cyclists would really like this. (Maybe you could let the wife find this link and she could tell Santa for you!)

I dont have any affiliation with this site, I thought the pic of the "sparking knee drag" would look really good like this!

If you want something like that let me know, and I won't charge you $60.

It's very simple to do with Photoshop, and I've done it a few times Bro.

I'm beginning to think I spent more time in Florida when I lived in Georgia.

Just arrived back from Vancouver where I've been most of the month. Wednesday I head to Georgia for 5 days.

Yes, the wife and I are still going back and forth every weekend. She works in a sales related job, and we all know the economy is doing rightnow. This is affecting my better half from getting down here permanently because here transfer has been put on hold. When she does get down here for good I'm throwing the biggest party eVaR.

Sorry, rant off...:depressed:

MS sorry to hear about this. I think you live relatively close to me. If you need anything let me know.

Thanks for the offer Reef.
With you being gone for 5 days, you wont be able to make it to the Venice Turkey Fry either! (III will be gone as well) Dang It!

Thanks for the offer Reef.
With you being gone for 5 days, you wont be able to make it to the Venice Turkey Fry either! (III will be gone as well) Dang It!

Definite bummer - I've been thinking the same.

Reef/Jay - I know it is tough. Rant anytime you'd like. :) btw, you never answered Astro Dad's post :D:popcorn: he and I were both thinking the same thing. :cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom