Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close to 5900 feet.

Not sure on the white things, they looked pretty limp and flexible. He dropped one. It was sitting on the seafloor
when I came across it, so maybe those are something it was eating. It's pretty barren down that deep in the gulf,
and a lot of animals are scavengers.

We were there for another reason, but I got a minute and a half of video and stuck some freaky music on it. That thing is real interesting to watch, the way it swims.

Wow that's deep!

Close to 5900 feet.

Not sure on the white things, they looked pretty limp and flexible. He dropped one. It was sitting on the seafloor
when I came across it, so maybe those are something it was eating. It's pretty barren down that deep in the gulf,
and a lot of animals are scavengers.

We were there for another reason, but I got a minute and a half of video and stuck some freaky music on it. That thing is real interesting to watch, the way it swims.

I take it was jelly-like? Can you post the video? You know how I am about pics and vidoeo - more, more, more.

I-Dive he works on one of those thing-a-ma-bobs - nvm I will let him tell you :)

5900 feet of what? QUOTE]

Water.

It's easier with an ROV. No need for the cement shoes.

Unfortunately I can't post the video. I have it on my laptop,
though. Couldn't come home without it.

Reef,

You're dragging knee through a turn on a crotch rocket and proclaim "No stunters, punks, or yahoo's aloud<sic>"??? :)

Reef, ???? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::D

HM - well if you are in town we have a killer event going on the Sat after TG. You'll find the link in my sig. :) btw, how was that thing swimming? Was it pulsating like a jelly or fluidly moving?

It moves that capelike part. It's pretty cool.

There are a few variations of animals that have something like a cape that moves, but this one is by far the coolest I've seen. The body is shaped a little too much like a frozen chicken, though. :)

There is another one that's named after the puckered orifice in the middle of it's forehead. Let me be careful with the ToS here. :) I don't remember the latin name, but everyone at work just calls it a flying @$$hole! One variation of that sucker looks like it's made out of pink corduroy. (I know I spelled that wrong!) (corduroy, that is...not @SShole!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom