Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Welcome everyone. :D

This is a place where people from all over this area, or maybe just visiting, can get with some of us and do some diving.

The Greater Tampa Bay forum continues to grow by leaps and bounds, many thanks to everyone involved. This particular thread is for idle chat. Feel free to jump in anytime, ramble on, talk about diving, or don't talk about diving. Post pics of your latest dive, or maybe your latest kill (heck I've been known to post pics of my yard). The gist is, this a thread where just about anything goes, as long as it is w/i ToS, of course :14: Know that everyone is welcome here.

I haven't forgotten about working on an area for Spring/Cave diving up in Cave Country it is just the timing hasn't been right. **I know I said this in XVII - know it is still on my list. :)

Lastly, a couple notes/the fine print :wink:

1. Trips: All trips big or small go into the conch calendar thus giving everyone one place to go to see all happenings in the state. If they are interested in a particular gathering they can then go to the appropriate thread. I guess at the end of the year one could call it a memory type of thing. :)

2. Local private boat captains: It is understood you are not a charter company - open to just anyone. If you would like to post a trip for locals in your area you may post it in this forum only, if you so choose. It is understood that you will have gotten to know people through this forum thus having an idea of who will be joining you on your boat.

3. Chat threads that lead to a trip: If a discussion should lead to a planned trip, please let me know and I will either change the title on your thread or start a new thread with the trip details in the title. If it is a small local trip it may stay in this forum. However, if it should become larger, encompassing many areas outside of the Greater Bay and Surrounding Areas, please place it in the Main Trips & Marketplace forum.

This is the last thread, if anyone needs to go back there: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/gr...ay-area-take-xvii-chat-keep-touch-thread.html

Last edited:
Sweet! A new thread. WOOHOO

Yeppers. I asked III to post that hog he shot again for the third time.... I'm waiting for him to take the spear-gun to me. :11:

I'll be hiding here, if you need me GRD :peepwalla:

Huntin' was great. We went out 32 miles to 60 feet of water. Vis was GREAT, ledge was GREAT, there was life everywhere. Nice to see the fish are not only back but are thriving again. I got 6 nice size hogs, the pic is the smallest one, but it was such a nice kill shot. Pinned him right to the reef.

hog2.jpg

So what time is dinner? :wink: Very nice shot, btw.

One of my business partners has a twin engine grady white he dry docks in ozona. We go out spearing at least once a week:D

I second that! Comparable in taste to any other fish?

It's a very light whitefish. Not my most favorite but I seem to be the odd man out whenever I say that.

Michelle, how was viz out at Spanish Rocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom