Greater Tampa Bay Area CHAT/OFF-TOPIC thread, take XVIII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ocala is definitely a nice ride. weather has been perfect to be out on the bike as well. So you are heading down to hang-out with SpearGirl and the gang.... You are going to have so much fun. Especially this being your first time diving there.

There is NO good riding in Florida unless you like straight roads.

It's early, but in June I have a rally planned at Deals Gap.

I'll post details if anyone may be interested. Their will be a mix of bikes. No stunters, punks, or yahoo's aloud. We always have a good turnout. The people are super safe, and we look out for each other. Typically we divide into groups by pace. Nobody is left behind.

Nothing like 318 corners in 11 miles to get your feeling good.

g19.jpg

There is NO good riding in Florida unless you like straight roads.

It's early, but in June I have a rally planned at Deals Gap.

I'll post details if anyone may be interested. Their will be a mix of bikes. No stunters, punks, or yahoo's aloud. We always have a good turnout. The people are super safe, and we look out for each other. Typically we divide into groups by pace. Nobody is left behind.

Nothing like 318 corners in 11 miles to get your feeling good.

g19.jpg

Now, now Jay, Ocala has a few twists and turns, long winding bends.... Come on, it is the best we have 'round these parts. :scored: Granted it is an incredibly far cry from Deals Gap with the sharp, often blind, turns but hey...:mooner:

Looking at that pic seriously makes me want to grab a bike and ride though. Love the sparks. Wonder if I could get Tara to keep you entertained whilst I nip off with the bike for a bit. :rofl3::eyebrow:

As far as I'm concerned any time on 2 wheels is good riding... There was a group from HDforums up there, about 50 bikes.. All great people.. Had an awesome time.. The hotel staff even got shirts just for our stay.. More hills and turns than down here, and the forest was cool.. Tried a Deluxe at the HD dealer up there... Sweet ride.. I could even touch the ground... :D
Going to Key West with that group in Jan..

Can't wait for this weekend with Speargirl and crew... Is it Fri yet??? I just hope a 3 will be enough.. Haven't actually worn the suit in H2O yet.. Haven't been diving is so long I'm turning into a raisin...

Here's a couple more shots of it:

RedThing2.jpg
RedThing3.jpg
RedThing4.jpg

Some weird animal I stumbled across and got some video of.

Have seen some really interesting stuff, but that's the first one of those.

It was down pretty deep.

Some weird animal I stumbled across and got some video of.

Have seen some really interesting stuff, but that's the first one of those.

It was down pretty deep.

How deep were ya? Are those white things coming out the end like claws? Did they appear hard?

Close to 5900 feet.

Not sure on the white things, they looked pretty limp and flexible. He dropped one. It was sitting on the seafloor
when I came across it, so maybe those are something it was eating. It's pretty barren down that deep in the gulf,
and a lot of animals are scavengers.

We were there for another reason, but I got a minute and a half of video and stuck some freaky music on it. That thing is real interesting to watch, the way it swims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom