Great White at Breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

speaking of great whites, I really really want to do a Guadalupe great white liveaboard. I have to save up.. its a ton more expensive than the socal trips. One of the things I have to have in the photo collection is the huge mouth--preferably on the other side of a cage.

I knew you were joking when you mentioned Fred, he and I have had todays dive at the Farallons planned for weeks.

Wow! So funny to check back in to this thread tonight and see the reactions. The truth is that someone fooled me today and I decided to try my hand at fooling. Pretty sick psychology behind it. I guess that's why the Bushman at Fisherman's Wharf is so profitable. I've never seen someone who he's scared the living hell out of not pay him a few bucks to scare the next guy.

Happy April Fools Everyone!

(((kevin)))

Last edited:
He did say 18 ft right? Imagine just a 15 ft next to me, here take this true scale model of just that, next to me... Pretty impressive when you figure the pectoral fin is about half my body length...

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near this fish, unless I was on the other side of steel bars... :)

skuhqo.jpg

The last sentence was the giveaway.

We have seen the metridiums from the end of the pipe so somewhere around 80 feet of vis. Now the water temp was a dead giveaway. Fred didn't stick out in my mind for a little while. I knew about April first and before even opening the thread was prepared for a laugh. At the same time I was also thinking how possible it would be. There believe there have been surfers bitten far inside the bay. John Y. spotted a seal with a rather large chunk taken out of it. Dead seals with chunks missing have washed up...actually I think it was headless. The aquarium quite diving for a few days one year due to so many sea lion and seal bites appearing. Hmmm...make it 80 vis and warmer water, and I will go for it.

He did say 18 ft right? Imagine just a 15 ft next to me, here take this true scale model of just that, next to me... Pretty impressive when you figure the pectoral fin is about half my body length...

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near this fish, unless I was on the other side of steel bars... :)

skuhqo.jpg

Just a docile puppy dog there Mikey :wink:

Ron,

This docile puppy could easily take me out and then have enough room for Pacificgirl as an appetizer... :)

The Metridiums would be a good guess as to where it might appear. According to shark expert Mike Rutzen, they don't like to swim through kelp and prefer to swim around it.

If Kristina which she often loves to dive far beyond the limits of Break Water, out to the Barge and often to the Metridiums, goes for a dive, she could come face to fish with this large guppy.

So when Kevin told the story, I immediately thought of Pacificgirl and her adventures out in Break water, wanted to make sure she knew of the emminent danger.

MG

Mike. I've told everyone before...if God wanted to take me when I was diving, he would have done it 5 1/2 years ago. I'm not going to die diving, I'm almost sure of it, and if I do...I died doing something I loved.
I don't think I'm being cocky, I just really don't think that's the way I'm gonna go because it didn't happen when it was so close to happening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom