Trip Report Great Hammerhead at Boynton Ledges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty sure that's the same one @scubadada & I saw the day prior. That HH has an attitude, peck fins down, and then gives the line a tap too. Great video !!

@Johnoly and I saw a Great Hammerhead on the outside of Clubhouse (Boynton Ledges) on Monday Trip Report - Back in Florida, 2022 #3 and Trip Report - Back in Florida, 2022 #3 We were in very brisk current with mediocre vis and may not have had quite as much time as it appears you may have had.

I have seen Great Hammerheads on 3 previous occasions, inside Briny Breezes in August 2019, outside of Clubhouse in March 2021, and outside of Briny Breezes in April 2021.

Edit: ha, I see @Johnoly beat me by a minute :)

Your full video is nice, thanks

@Johnoly and I saw a Great Hammerhead on the outside of Clubhouse (Boynton Ledges) on Monday Trip Report - Back in Florida, 2022 #3 and Trip Report - Back in Florida, 2022 #3 We were in very brisk current with mediocre vis and may not have had quite as much time as it appears you may have had.

I have seen Great Hammerheads on 3 previous occasions, inside Briny Breezes in August 2019, outside of Clubhouse in March 2021, and outside of Briny Breezes in April 2021.

Edit: ha, I see @Johnoly beat me by a minute :)

Your full video is nice, thanks
My video has been slowed down and is playing at 60% speed. It all happened very quick.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom