grandfathers dive knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:goingdown::goingdown:
LOL @ Sea Hunt reruns.

You gotta love Sea Hunt reruns!

Mike's wearing a single 72 on the surface. Next scene he's descending and somehow he's now wearing a set of twins. Next scene he's got on triples.
But you know, seeing the no BC diving, the tank right on the back, the double hose regulator, it's just plain cool!
There's something totally awesome about the old school ways. Those skills where real BTW, that's no BS.

I saw one where they were supposedly trying to bust some divers in the San Francisco Bay that were springing a fugitive from Alcatraz island. The escaped convict jumps in the water and the two accomplices are waiting for him and the fugitive don's his wetsuit in the water. In 50 degree water? :rofl3:

Then the visibility is about 100 feet and the place they shot the U/W scenes was in Silver Spring FL. :rofl3::rofl3:

Then good 'ol Mike Nelson tracks them down over several miles and gets them. All in the SF bay!!! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

The real truth:
SF bay is completely undivable. The vis would be about 3 feet or less with ripping currents. I know, I live about an hour north and go over the GG bridge at least twice a month, sometimes more. Trust me, there's no diving in the bay. Now, outside of the bay on the north side outside of the gate actually looks like it might hold promise. I'm considering launching my boat on the free ramp at Ft. Baker right below the bridge and motoring out to the point. There's a cove there that always looks calm,
Hmmm

I've got the complete Sea Hunt series on DVD but can only watch it in small doses. It's just godawful from the perspective of a few decades on, but I sure loved the reruns as a little kid. Actually, I met Lloyd Bridges when I worked with him on a miniseries called "George Washington." That was decades ago, but also decades after Sea Hunt. I never got to talk to him enough to get any cool Mike Nelson anecdotes. Anyway, enough about Sea Hunt before we get accused of jacking the thread!

Back
Top Bottom