GPS Cordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mulefeathers

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for a source for the gps coordinates for the places everyone dive in the Gulf of Mexico. I read about the places everybody frequents but don’t know how to get to them. I.e. 3 mile barge, 70ft bridge, the Allen

Keep in mind the numbers at all of the links given, were taken awhile back. We've since had hurricanes move things around.

All the dive sites you've listed are fairly general knowledge, you can pick up the latest map at any fish-n-tackle place on the beach with correct numbers for those. Hell, 3 mile barge you can usually see boats on it from the pass given a day with good topside visibility.

There is also a map book sold at SAM's that has the local coordinates in it. Covers the whole area and you can take it on the boat. If you need any thing specific let us know and one of us will give you what we have. I'll need to make a trip to the dock but I'd be glad to help.

Also SuPrBuGmAn is correct. We have found that last summer moved the stuff around a lot. Liscomb is missing in action. Buffalo has moved considerably. Allen is still good, Wallace is still good (moved a little but not to bad). 70ft is a good number on the map.

I've got a feeling that a lot of the 'moving around' was also the result of GPS accuracy (or lack of accuracy) also on the older units several years ago.

That's improved a lot now days though, but no telling when those coordinates were recorded.

Edit: Gary, thanks for the above PDF Link. I hadn't seen that one before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom