Info Does the Gulf Stream warm Europe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bet if we built thousands of gigantic undersea electric turbine generators and installed them in the path of the Gulf Stream and thus sucking much of the energy from the Gulf Stream that down jacket sales would hit a corresponding sales high in parts of Europe and the Isles.

I bet if we built thousands of gigantic undersea electric turbine generators and installed them in the path of the Gulf Stream and thus sucking much of the energy from the Gulf Stream that down jacket sales would hit a corresponding sales high in parts of Europe and the Isles.
Probably. But it would be because the GS is no longer delivering all that heat to the atmosphere that is warming Europe.

duty_calls.png

@tursiops

Thank you for starting this great thread to dispell the myths about the subject. Don't be discouraged by the negativity and hostility shown by some here, you are making them think but that's very difficult for them to do on their own.

Thank you for updating my understanding.

It has caused me to read articles with headlines like “Gulf Stream could collapse as early as 2025”

Luckily the articles you posted don’t agree with this.
Yeah, that study is not much accepted....the ideas are OK, but the data and the physics are incomplete, thus the conclusions are not compelling.
But they are not wrong in concept....that is what is scary.
Collapse is indeed possible, if not likely, given the warming planet, that is not being much argued; the arguments are more about when, not if.

I fixed it for you... This is really an artificial semantic point, kind of like saying the Mississippi River starts in Minnesota when it could just as easily and logically have started in Montana (what we now call the Missouri River). People name stuff but those names don't change where the heat originated and where it moved to and why.
Here is the REAL Mississippi River....with all its tributaries. Does it actually help to call it all the Mississippi?
JK
1723823325734.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom