Got any opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty hard to find time when your doing 10-12 hours a day and weekends. Gotta pay for the Yellow box and the new dive mobil somehow

Dived Ness about 15 years or so ago. 1m viz in yucky brown peat stained water with loads of dead tree's. I could have stood on Nessy and not noticed!! Oban is much better and my favourite UK dive area

Rob Evans once bubbled...
Shame on you Mole - 4 months in Scotland and you're not taking the opportunity to get some Jock dives in? It's gorgeous up there right now. You've no excuse.

Well it was nice, but not any more - I got the ferry home from Aberdeen last night - F7-8 NW blowing, bit on the bumpy side, and Sumburgh roost was well living up to its name at 4:30am :upset: - ever so slightly tired this morning at work, and still need to phone Ap 'bout my iffy solenoid

Had half a dozen or so dives on the draeger atlantis dolphin rb. (semi-enclosed rebreather). Really enjoyed the experience as the lack of bubbles meant I could get v.v close to marine life. I will buy one myself when I get the cash together.

I personally don't fancy the idea of using a closed circuit rebreather but this is purely based on what other instructors have told me and I have never dived on one myself. I've been told that certain models have a tendency for their gas mix sensors to fail and for O2 levels to fall dangerously low as a consequence.

The added expense and complexity might not be worth it, depending on your diving. But the Dolphin's design isn't all that good either. And you certainly need an O2 monitor (Oxygauge or O2 integrated computer), which runs of the same cells as the CCRs. I wouldn't dive a CMF-SCR without it, as it is fairly easy to overbreathe. If you get the monitoring you only have one cell. Two if you choose the Uwatec ZO2/Oxy2 combo. All CCRs I'm aware of have three frequently with a 4th for the computer added. The electronic ones use voting logic and disregard the cell that's off if and when that happens. Or go with the KISS, which has CMF just below your metabolism (unlike the SCR that inject above and then vent the surplus), and you manually inject as needed to keep a constant ppO2.
Bubbles only during flushes or ascending, considerably better gas consumption, and the extended bottom time/lower deco obligations that CCRs offer. Also has an OC-integrated DSV which I consider the quickest and safest for bailout.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom