Good tropical diving closer to the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm seeing 25 to 30 hrs to get to Bonaire. I've got to try different booking engines because that's crazy!

If you can get to either Houston or Newark in one hop from Utah, then you can catch a direct flight to Bonaire from either city. There are also direct flights from Miami and Atlanta

the Dry Tortugas in the Florida keys offer outstanding liveaboard diving like the Caribbean was 20 years ago. Give it a look.

flights to Bonaire... Continental airlines on Friday night around 11pm, direct there arriving at 6am on Saturday morning. Easy, overnight so you sleep on the plane. Fly back the following Saturday am.

flights to Roatan... Continental airlines on Saturday morning though Houston once again. Flight is direct and you arrive in around 4 hours as I remember.

another good option for spring.... Riviera Maya, Mexico. Fly into Cancun, rent car, drive south to Playa del Carmen. Dive the cenotes!!!

robin:D

There isn't a flight to get me to IAH before that flight leaves for BON. The other Continental flight for BON leaves out of EWR.
Very frustrating. Overnighting in Miami to get to Curacao. Overnighting in Houston to get to Bonaire or the Bay Islands. UGH!

But I love that there are so many helpful travel planners here on SB! What a great resource.

Florida or Belize are looking better.

Just go to Hawaii dude!

Thanks, but Dudette has taken Hawaii off the board. All the prices for rooms and diving that I've seen are expensive. I'm not looking to blow a wad of money just to get wet!

Consider Turks & Caicos.
JetBlue flys from SLC to T&C via NYC. Leave just before midnight and arrive in T&C around 1:00PM

OK, Scott. I'll look at flights. Is the diving good?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom