Good tropical diving closer to the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not try the Sea of Cortez? I don't think any better diving would be closer to you. The water is greenish and the viz is not what you are used to in Cozumel. However there are massive amounts of pelagic animals. Hammerheads and sea lions everywhere. Killer night life in La Paz and Cabo. The land part is beautiful. It's like the desert in Arizonia and very hilly.

+1 on the Sea of Cortez - spectacular diving - should be on every diver's bucket list. The OP mentioned diving in April. SOC is very cold in April (50s-low60s), starts to warm up in May into the hi70s-low80s by late June. Fly from SLC to Phoenix, just a 4hr. shuttle ride through the sleepy little bordertown to gringo friendly Rocky Point and go aboard the Rocio del Mar. www.rociodelmarliveaboard.com

I've worked in the Sea of Cortez, and in South FL, and now in the Keys. All have awesome diving, each is unique and offers something different and worth seeing.

So many choices, it's a tough decision. Let us know what you decide and do post a trip report.

If you come to the Keys, drop by to say hello :wavey:

went to Roatan last year and it was a great trip

Post #41 - OP is going to Belize...

I would love to know where he decided to stay in Belize. We have a week in April that I am trying to decide were to go. I don't actually want more than a couple of morning dives, with afternoons free to sit/sleep on a warm beach. Be we are on the left coast too, and finding airfare has been an issue.

I would love to know where he decided to stay in Belize. We have a week in April that I am trying to decide were to go. I don't actually want more than a couple of morning dives, with afternoons free to sit/sleep on a warm beach. Be we are on the left coast too, and finding airfare has been an issue.

She (that would be me!) will be staying on Caye Caulker in May. I got a good airfare deal last month.

I'm not booked anywhere yet.....might just rock up and look at a few places.

She (that would be me!) will be staying on Caye Caulker in May. I got a good airfare deal last month.

I'm not booked anywhere yet.....might just rock up and look at a few places.

I did just that years ago, probably 1995. Ended up meeting some people on the plane and had a fantastic trip. All I had was air fare to Belize city and dive gear. It was fantastic. But I was just a kid back then. I fear I am too old for that, and my husband could not handle it emotionally.

Sorry about the He/She bit.:blush:

Morehead City NC June water temp 70's vis 70+ft. Who knew?!

How about..

Puerto Rico, ST Thomas, ST John, ST Croix

Been to Puerto Rico, ST Thomas, ST John and the water is warm, clear and full of corels, fish, turtles, dolphins...

Had great time at all three...

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom