Good Diving on the Washington Coast...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dearman:
I wasn't too fond of Edmonds, but it may have been my luck. The day before several divers saw a whale (grey I believe). The park itself doesn't get very deep (45'), so they must have gine past it. Mukilteo also has a site I'll dive this weekend. Alki beach is popular. There is a site out on Whidbey island. On the penninsula Cresent lake is fresh water that is supposed to be phenonimal vis. There are multiple shore sites along the San Juan straits. Tides can play a major factor. Check with a local shop. Many do day trips to the San Juans.
www.lighthousediving.com is the one I use.
I haven't dove most the sites, but you can find many people who have in the NW Orca Bait forum.

Edmonds can be a spectacular dive, but it is wind wave affected. Too much wave action kills the vis. Actually the whale I saw at Edmonds was a Minke whale, it's the second one I've seen this year(from the surface) at Edmonds. he was within the buoys just south of the Cathedrals so it was about 30 FSW. I've dove most of the sites in the Puget Sound and the Straits, (that I know of), but I'm always up for something new.

JDR:
Edmonds can be a spectacular dive, but it is wind wave affected. Too much wave action kills the vis. Actually the whale I saw at Edmonds was a Minke whale, it's the second one I've seen this year(from the surface) at Edmonds. he was within the buoys just south of the Cathedrals so it was about 30 FSW. I've dove most of the sites in the Puget Sound and the Straits, (that I know of), but I'm always up for something new.

I talked with friends that were with me on the 3 dives I had there. They said we didn't get to the spots with the best life. If I go again, I'll have to get over to the drydock. This weekend I'll be trying both Mukilteo and Keystone.

Originally Posted by Dearman
I talked with friends that were with me on the 3 dives I had there. They said we didn't get to the spots with the best life. If I go again, I'll have to get over to the drydock. This weekend I'll be trying both Mukilteo and Keystone.

This weekend has nice tides for Keystone Jetty, and it's a nice dive. By the way, the drydock at Edmonds is within the 300' no diving zone on each side of the ferry. Sorry, it's those pesky homeland Security rules as I understand it. Try the Triumph and the Cathedrals, maybe the octos will be home.

JDR:
This weekend has nice tides for Keystone Jetty, and it's a nice dive. By the way, the drydock at Edmonds is within the 300' no diving zone on each side of the ferry. Sorry, it's those pesky homeland Security rules as I understand it. Try the Triumph and the Cathedrals, maybe the octos will be home.

Homeland security! What do they think they are doing interrupting my entertainment just to keep a country safe!

My NW shoredive book is already out of date. Thanks for the info. If I go through there again, I'll make sure not to get myself in trouble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom