Good Diving on the Washington Coast...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SunsetSkies

Reaction score
:06: Im in little old north Idaho and soon taking a trip up to Seattle and surprise surprsie i love diving in cold water and i was wondering if there was anyone out there who new of eny interesting and fun dive spots in that area. Because i can go enywhere along that coast line. so give me a halla. Thanx :06:

SunsetSkies:
:06: Im in little old north Idaho and soon taking a trip up to Seattle and surprise surprsie i love diving in cold water and i was wondering if there was anyone out there who new of eny interesting and fun dive spots in that area. Because i can go enywhere along that coast line. so give me a halla. Thanx :06:

Most of the shops here have a book called Northwest Shore Dives. It will give you a list of places you can access by shore all across the Washington coastline. If you are up for a boat dive, I'd suggest www.pacadventure.com They are a small charter (5 is packed) run by a nice couple that operates out of the Hood Canal. It's hard to beat the service they give and I've not been disapointed with the sites.

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

Be sure to check our Pacific Northwest forum for more local info and new buddies

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Hi There SunsetSkies,
My name is Matt. I would like to Welcome you to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM me. Take care and Safe Diving

-Matt- :palmtree::sunny

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Dearman:
Most of the shops here have a book called Northwest Shore Dives. It will give you a list of places you can access by shore all across the Washington coastline. If you are up for a boat dive, I'd suggest www.pacadventure.com They are a small charter (5 is packed) run by a nice couple that operates out of the Hood Canal. It's hard to beat the service they give and I've not been disapointed with the sites.
Oh yah, Pacific Adventure is one great dive op. I've been out with them several times. A trip with them is well worth the drive from Salem, Oregon, about 3 1/2 hours.

Im in little old north Idaho and soon taking a trip up to Seattle and surprise surprsie i love diving in cold water and i was wondering if there was anyone out there who new of eny interesting and fun dive spots in that area. Because i can go enywhere along that coast line. so give me a halla. Thanx
Most of the diving in Washington is in the Puget Sound. I usually go out of Tacoma with Bandito Charters, or go to Hood Canal and either shore dive or go out with Pacific Adventure. There is shore diving in Seattle, but I haven't done any there yet, only in Edmunds which is just north of Seattle.

I would recomend you try to hook up with a board member or two and check out Edmonds under water Park it is a nice dive and a must see.
if not check any of these out.

also Three Tree North is a nice easy dive ( easy in and out ) parking can be a little of a paine,

Redondo is a nother favorite of mine when im up in the seattle area.

the Book you were told about before will have lots of good sites and I only named a few

you wil have a great time diving and not have to hard a time finding a site

and Welcome to the board.
looking foward to hearing from you more.

Sparky

I wasn't too fond of Edmonds, but it may have been my luck. The day before several divers saw a whale (grey I believe). The park itself doesn't get very deep (45'), so they must have gine past it. Mukilteo also has a site I'll dive this weekend. Alki beach is popular. There is a site out on Whidbey island. On the penninsula Cresent lake is fresh water that is supposed to be phenonimal vis. There are multiple shore sites along the San Juan straits. Tides can play a major factor. Check with a local shop. Many do day trips to the San Juans.
www.lighthousediving.com is the one I use.
I haven't dove most the sites, but you can find many people who have in the NW Orca Bait forum.

Back
Top Bottom