Good dive Computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey fellas and gals, which DC is the best on the market for the price and functions?
Or your personal best?
Thanks Mark

PS what do you guys think about the AERIS ATMOS 2?

Depends on your needs, there is no one almighty greatest computer.

I agree.The best computer on the market is the one that works best for you and yorr usage.

IMHO there is no single "best computer".

You have to decide what you need the computer for, what kind of diving you plan to do in the long term.
I decided to go for a Dive Computer mainly to keep an electronic record of my dives and to assist in multi-level diving. I use the computer during the dive but plan the dive using PADI RDP table.
Most of the dive computers out there are good products backed by good warranties.

I personally use an Oceanic Atom 1.0 and I am very happy with it so far. It meets all my current requirements and is also Nitrox capable which I will need for the future. I decided to buy it after considering my next 2 year goals in diving.

the atmos looks like a dolid computer, this to consider are
recreatianal vs tecnical diving
air vs nitrox (or both)
wrist vs console
air integrated vs seperate pressure gauge

Available funds?

I dive the Scubapro extender, its a watch style computer nitrox capable. I dive with a single pressure gauge. I love my computer for its watch style that i wear every day vs a computer style that would sit with my dive gear at home when not in use.

I have Oceanic VEO 250s on my student gear... They WORK GREAT!!! They are very intuitive and easy to use. I just love them.

I like Suunto computers. They have a broad range of prices, but all are working on a pretty conservative algorythm, which I like.
Safety first!

I have the Atmos 2. I've only done 6 dives on it so far, but I was happy. I found it really straightforward and easy to use, especially at depth.

It seems to have almost everything I want, except I don't think it gives your average depth, which I learned in another thread would allow me to calculate my SAC rate. And it's Nitrox compatible, which will be handy down the road, I think.

I like the Suunto Stinger,which I wear everyday as a watch also.My buddy likes their Misquito because he can change the battery himself,but it isn't dressy enough for me to wear to work.

I have an Atmos 2 Elite and Im very happy with it. I like using air integrated because I dont like the big console, btw, I put it on a retractor and I clip it to my bc but if you do make sure you don't lose it (cost). One more thing, if you use air integrated make sure you put the receiver in Down position or if youre in overhead it might rip off, eek. Mine took a blow the other day from a flying tank that hit so hard it cut the alternate air source hose in half, they are susectible to shock, I thought it would be fatal, but it was fine. The softwares cool bc it shows a picture of your dive graphically, I think thats fun. Some computers dive more conservatively than this one. Last thing, the battery has lasted forever. I may change it just to make me not worry.

Back
Top Bottom