Good dive Computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Decide what you want from your computer. Do you want a traditional style dive computer or a watch style. What type of diving are you doing? This can also help you decide. Do you need transmitters with up to 3 gases or just something to help you manage your diving etc.

Another interesting point as far as I've read. Most dive computers are actually made by the same company (Seiko I think) so... I guess it doesn't really matter on the brand. The computers are just made for the different companies with slightly different features and algorithms so I guess choose one that looks good to you or whatever works for the diving you are doing.

If you want conservative choose something conservative, if you want liberal choose something liberal.

Just bought an Atom 1.0 with Air Int. I'll be using my current SPG as a backup, and it I'll probably get a short hos emade up for the transmitter to allow me to attach it somewhere out of the way, rather than sticking out exposed...

I look forward to my first test this weekend...

Z...

I like my Aeris Atmos Pro.

Using a Suunto Cobra here. Real easy to use and easy to read. Lots of options - like stuff I haven't even discovered yet....

I run an Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus 2 Console Air Int, and Quick Disconnect, love it, nice LARGE display etc... the Sherwood Wisdom is also an excellent DC, same guts as the Datamax, aeries pro console. but software is nice and as sophisticated as you want to get. easy to use, visual and audio alarms.

Dive with what you are most comfortable with :)

J

I bought the Atmos 2 based on price, manufacturer, and popularity. I knew I wanted a wrist computer because I knew I would be using rental regs for awhile. I don't do Nitrox diving so that wasn't an issue but it is Nitrox compatible just in case. You can also buy software for it if you want to download your log. I've been very happy with my purchase so far after 8 dives with it.

I like my Aeris Atmos 2 computer

Its wrist mounted, which make it easier to operate the BCD and keep an eye on the gauges at the same time.

It does nitrox

Has really cool logging software PC side.

Pretty sure it will give you the average depth once you download to PC to compute SAC

Has a nice large display for reading at a glance (which is why I dont like the small normal watch sized computers)

Not a conservative computer- But it has user set alarms that you can change to let you know when you reach less than max nitrogen loading, etc. Essentially you can set to it be anything from "give me the max" to "I need a big margin of safety"

Basically it does everything I need it to. Only thing I wish I had at times was air integration, but thats not a big deal.

I'm with Nut Bubblefish and CapnVinny, I love the Suuntos. I wear a Mosquito on my wrist as well as a Cobra as my SPG.

There's lots of info on these boards about any of computers that people have mentioned. Just do a search on the names.

Good luck!

Steve

wow what a response, thanks guy's. I wanted a DC that would allow me to use nitrox when I'm ready and is easy to use. Price is also a factor nothing over $500.00 that's why I was looking at the AERIS ATMOS 2. thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom