Good Beginner Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there anything to see in Tampa?
I think there are some springs in that area but if you want to see pretty fishies, ya gotta come to the east coast.

I initially posted this in the Florida Conch Divers forums before realizing there was a forum for my area. Figured it's better suited to go here.

A friend and I are recently certified and looking for some good "beginner" dives. I'm not opposed to shore diving so long as there's something there worth seeing. I would prefer a charter/dive boat type scenario so we can at least meet some other divers and what not. Any suggestions?

It seems that now that we've gotten thru the cert class we're a little lost as to where to go from here.

Also, I/we're located in the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area.

Thanks!

Also check out Venice: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/60333-insider-information-local-diving.html

Other charters in the area: Wet Yet; 727.271.7087, Blew By You 813.390.2583; Tanks-A-Lot: Scuba Dive Florida - Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters - Diving Tampa, Clearwater, St.Petersburg - Dive Trip Charter Boat , and The Plunger: Welcome To Dive Clearwater! Also if you'd rather not shore dive Venice you can use the AristaKat and Captain Jamie; 941.321.0852

If you'd like to get to know other divers around here, check out one of the Meet & Greets :)

I initially posted this in the Florida Conch Divers forums before realizing there was a forum for my area. Figured it's better suited to go here.

A friend and I are recently certified and looking for some good "beginner" dives. I'm not opposed to shore diving so long as there's something there worth seeing. I would prefer a charter/dive boat type scenario so we can at least meet some other divers and what not. Any suggestions?

It seems that now that we've gotten thru the cert class we're a little lost as to where to go from here.

Also, I/we're located in the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater area.

Thanks!
Your not lost, your in the perfect place! Before I start rattling off potential dive sites, give me an idea of where you have dived so far. Of the diving you've done (assuming you have done at least some outside of training) what did you like and dislike about those dives? Welcome to the GTBA, but more importantly, welcome to the Wonderful World of SCUBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Not unless you count the time I've spent in the pool familiarizing myself with my gear :)

I'm as noob as you can get. Which is why I'm a bit lost as to where to start. I have gotten a few PMs with some good ideas though. Open to more suggestions, of course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom