Good Beginner Dives Southeast USA.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atchon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Me and a couple friends are planning a vacation for this summer somewhere with a beach. I am a newly certified diver and would like to do a couple dives at least. I have my OW checkout dives + 2 additional dives currently in a quarry, and plan on doing a handful more dives before the vacation probably all in the quarry. I would be the only one diving or maybe 1-2 other people but they would be even newer a diver than I am.

Where is a good place to go on the U.S. east coast with interesting but easy dives? Pretty open to anywhere our only criteria really is a beach to relax on and a steady supply of beer haha.

Ft Lauderdale, Pompano Beach FL, West Palm Beach - Really the whole stretch from West Palm down to Lauderdale- all fit your requirements. S. East Coast Fl. offers a number of sites suitable for newer divers.

Awesome thanks. I looked at some videos on youtube of Ft. Lauderdale dives looks pretty cool. Just for more options are there any good places in the Carolinas? Or would you say Florida is probably the best bet?

Jacksonville has many Beginner dives and we also have a HUGE 27 ACRE training lake for O/W & ADV O/W class in Savannah Ga.
The lake is also on 1000 acres of property that our customers may camp on. Check out tons of pictures and video on facebook at divejax.com
Join us and your fills are FREE on your first charter with us here in Jax beach
Thanks
Capt Bob Atlantic Pro Divers. - Your Jacksonville, Florida Diving Destination
Call my shop and we can hook you up 904-270-1747

Im also linking a video of jax diving to this post for viewing!

Offshore Jacksonville Scuba Diving Video

Though the Carolina's have some good dives, there are trade offs - plan on a much longer boat ride, fewer regularly dived shallower dives. They are a better advanced location. The Carolina's have Less coral, but N.C. does have the sand tigers. Still, if you are looking for great beach and great easy diving with warm water, fish life, turtles, and nice coral - S. FL. is the better plan.

Hey Andy!

Hows Clark Hill these days? I need to get down there and entertain you with my elephant walk in doubles up the hill again (although I may go to sidemount soon).

Awesome thanks. I looked at some videos on youtube of Ft. Lauderdale dives looks pretty cool. Just for more options are there any good places in the Carolinas? Or would you say Florida is probably the best bet?

You are going to have much warmer and clearer water if you come down to South FL. Key Largo has a lot of very easy and shallow diving. I don't believe Key Largo has many beaches though. So if a beach is really high on your "must" list than Fort Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, etc are good options.

I would probaly recomend staying in Delray Beach and diving out of Boynton Inlet and Palm Beach Inlet (West Palm Beach). Both offer a lot in the 50' - 65'ft range...

Hey Flightlead. Geez, won't side mount just bang the heck out of your knees as you make the hill climb :D
Re Clark Hill - still low vis since the very wet winter, we have been going to Jocassee regularly lately. I'll give a shout when it clears. I also want to get in our river again soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom