Good Beginner Dives Southeast USA.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love NC diving, but for your requirements I also would recommend Ft Lauderdale. Lauderdale by the Sea is a great very shallow shore dive.
Go to the Florida Conch Divers Forum & post when you will be there & you will find plenty of good divers (& people) to take the opportunity to dive with you.
Beautiful & very clean beaches await you also.
Then when you get more experience come to NC where diving will take you on a very different journey.

I'm from NC but LBTS is agreat place for beginners. There's a real reef and it's free. You just walk in off the beach. You can dive all day, for the price of air. If you want boat dives they are cheaper and closer.

Thanks again for all the input, just looking at places in the Ft. Lauderdale area now, especially around LBTS.

Late to the party, but if you're looking for easy and fun diving with beaches, you might also consider the FL panhandle. St. Andrew's Jetties at Panama City is a great shore dive, with a nice beach right there (and plenty of additional beaches just up the road).

Have fun and report back where you end up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom