Golf Ball Recovery Business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow i see all the scuba guys jumping at this... ok lets set some facts strait...i am a adc commercial diver as well as 100 hr haz mat certified. here is the deal ..
i dove gulf courses in south cali for 5 years as extra money when i wasnt offshore.
there is a book called diving in high risk environments.. everything that it says is in stangnet water truly is.
yes i made well over 100k a year doing it as a matter of fact i ran 3 teams of divers. with a 80 course rout, i had courses we dove weekly to by monthly averaged 35k balls a week at .08 per ball.
dont let this guy fool you, you have knight hawks that steel balls at night, you have gulfers that take 100 balls or more a day
and the only way to be efficient and keep your routs is to dive them monthly oh and lets not forget that people have to be playing golf.
whoever rote dry suit on here.... your rite you should be in a dry suit heres the prob. when you have 1000 balls on you (100lbs) and hopefully your smart enough to run surface supplied and not scuba) in a dry suit its hard to move so you dive wet, now myself and my guys took decon showers back at the shop to get the chemicals off of us prob is this. the obsorb into your skin, causes all kinds of problems.
i dive a aga with surface supplied and 19cft bail out and everything is on quick release because you will get hung up in arigation lines ....

there was key word was alot of money in it over the last 3 years its dried up.l..l country clubs are losing members , people cant afford rounds of gulf...

do your home work you are diving in duck **** that why its called duck **** diving...

dive safe (((( wasnt to offend anyone just setting some things straight)

Check this guy out. He seems to do pretty well for himself.

Type 'Scott Lokken Diving for Golf Balls - TPC Twin Cities' in to you tube for the link.

Shifting the golf balls once you've got them would be half the battle i'd say??

I started a thread on golf ball recovery 5 years or so ago on this site - Too many "know it all" divers on this site - so I quit posting on this site - yes $$$$ can be made diving for golf balls.

I am still covering the Western United States picking up golf balls - the economy has turned, but the used golf ball market is bigger than ever.

There is one excellent post on this topic on this thread! Read the threads and figure which one - one guy posted it well.

Good Luck finding courses to dive - that is the key. Sorting your courses to get high end golf balls = less balls can be more profitable, brands of golf balls recovered count! One has to know the difference in golf balls.

I started a thread on golf ball recovery 5 years or so ago on this site - Too many "know it all" divers on this site - so I quit posting on this site
Sorry you feel that way. There are increased risks and a few deaths involved with solo diving for golf ball recovery so you could offer suggestions on how to do it safely, but well...?

Forgive me. I didn't read all the post and I dont know Montana Mike. I do appreciate that he was honest about the work.

I dove in the past with a guy from where I live that does this for a career. It sounds like complete hell. No way I'd do it but he makes good money. He's gone over the operation with me and I buy that if you know what your doing you could make that much. It all depends on the course in my eyes. My brother in law works at a TPC. Just by doing the controlled burns and course maintenance he's got 4 milk crates full of $3 and $4 a ball golf balls. If I dove the courses around here, I'd be luck to find balls stolen from the local putt putt.

Hello, My name is Bill and I live in Georgia. Can you help me get started in my own business? I just started recovering balls for a disreputable company and would like to try it on my own.

My family owns a golf course.
The only way I am going into one of our 3 ponds is if I am wearing a hazmat suit. I know what chemicals are used to keep the course green and I want nothing to do with them.

It was kind of funny in 2008, it was so dry one of our ponds dried up. We just walked in and picked them up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom