Going to Cozumel - can't wait!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dgangi

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm heading down to Cozumel on September 25 for a week of diving. I visited Cozumel once before but only for a quick day trip (cruise stop). I love Mexico -- been to many different locales. But something about Cozumel really struck me when I was there and I swore I would come back. So this is my first dive trip there.

My friends have all diving in Cozumel and they rave about it. So my expectations are pretty high! If this trip turns out to be good, then this will be a great dive year for me: trip to Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan (fantastic trip) and Cozumel in the same year.

We are using Caballito del Caribe for our dive excursions. Do any of you have experience with this outfit? If so, do you have any opinions about them?

We're staying at a private condo that looks very posh. If you have any suggestions for good restaurants or bars, please feel free to share!

I'll post a summary of the trip when I get back.

Thx...Doug

Caballito's is the greatest!

We've been using Luis and the gang since we got certified. The DM's are very good, very observant. Israel, Adrian, and Giovani have been with Luis for years. You'll be in small 8-pak boats and they will take you anywhere you want to go as long as you have the experience.

There are several really good dive ops in Coz and you're diving with one of the best. Be sure to tell them Davida and Doug (Beast) said hello.

Here's a few suggestions for resaraunts:

Prima
La Choza
Santiago's
Acuario's
Capi Navegante
La Mission
And several others

If you rent a car try Punta Moreno restaraunt and others on the windy side of the island.

As for bars, Carlos & Charlie's is a must for at least once. I didn't go there a couple of weeks ago, and they have moved from north of the plaza to the Senor Frog's thing, but still on the coast road. There is also Neptuno's who used to have a laser light show at midnight, don't know if they still do now or not, haven't been to that one in 4 years.

Then there are the small, "island" style bars of Mescalito's and Paradise Cafe (Bob Marley bar), and a regge one or two on the windy side of the island. Just ask someone for recommendations, I'm sure you'll get plenty.

Have fun!!! You'll love it! :thumb:

Dee once bubbled, sputtered, and coughed...
Caballito's is the greatest!

We've been using Luis and the gang since we got certified.

I had a video done a few years back and the videographer's name was Luis, could it be the same one? Nawww...

:)

I agree with sealskin, he listed many of my favorite restaurants there, but my all time favorite is still La Cocay. Great food, great laid back atmosphere.

I also dive with Caballito's quite a bit, and allways have a safe and enjoyable time.

Peace,
Cathie

sealskin98 once bubbled...

I had a video done a few years back and the videographer's name was Luis, could it be the same one? Nawww...

:)

Luis is the owner. One of the DM's has started doing videos, I think it's Julio. But naw....Luis wouldn't know one end from the other!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom