Glwc Fall M&g

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol...ideally, I'd say yes, but since I only have an apartment, I'm not sure how practical that would be... :)

diverbrian:
I've camped there. For me, Whitestar is more expensive as I have a season pass for Gilboa. Still, it would be a wash as I doubt that I would need fills there like I do at Gilboa.

FYI - The fill trailer at Whitestar is now hyperclean, but didn't have O2 or He last time I was there.

All that said I still vote for Gilboa - Whitestar is nice but after about 2-3 dives is pretty boring and besides I wanna meet Spidey!

Divin'Hoosier:
Cool! So we can all stay at your place then? :wink:

Sounds like a good idea to me. :wink:

Lol...yes, dear. :wink:

gtxl1200:
gtxl1200 always has running water when camping no matter where it is.:D

If that is an offer to stay with you, then hell yeah I don't care where we go.

I HAVE to be at Gilboa on the weekend of 9/23. So if we don't do it at Gilboa, I'd have to vote for another weekend... the following one I know has been suggested by some.

skyking:
FYI - The fill trailer at Whitestar is now hyperclean, but didn't have O2 or He last time I was there.

All that said I still vote for Gilboa - Whitestar is nice but after about 2-3 dives is pretty boring and besides I wanna meet Spidey!

My vote would still be Gilboa for the reasons that you mention. Still, let me know if you want to meet Spidey if the group says Whitestar. I am always up for a Spidey/Flag dive :) .

But, the depths you reach at Whitestar realistically don't require He and make EANx nice to have, but not necessary unless you plan to be doing long dives with short surface intervals.

I can't do the last weekend since I will be crewing for a hot air balloon in KY. Sorry guys but that is a annual and really need it this year since we are going to NM next year for the big festival.

I really don't care where I have just got to get wet. Working 6 days a week (only 5 since I took today off) and 10 hours a day doesn't leave much time to dive. A few of us are planning on Natural Springs in OH Labor Day weekend.

diverbrian:
... unless you plan to be doing long dives with short surface intervals.

Yup.

Whitestar is nearly an hour further from here than Gilboa and I don't generally expend the extra petrol if I can't get it back in bottom time.

scubapolly:
Sounds like you have some real solid plans there Jim. :wink:

OK Polly. I've officially decided NOT to do the Sept Rescue Course. Since I've been less than impressed with my other courses from this shop, I think that's a good thing. I'll wait until Spring '07 and take it from one of the two instructors I have received positive feedback about.

Ya happy now?! :mooner:

SO ..... I can make either weekend, and I can do either Gilboa, Portage or Whitestar. My preference however is still for Gilboa.

Divin'Hoosier:
OK Polly. I've officially decided NOT to do the Sept Rescue Course. Since I've been less than impressed with my other courses from this shop, I think that's a good thing. I'll wait until Spring '07 and take it from one of the two instructors I have received positive feedback about.

Ya happy now?! :mooner:

SO ..... I can make either weekend, and I can do either Gilboa, Portage or Whitestar. My preference however is still for Gilboa.

Rescue is definatly a class that the instructor can make or break it... so if you aren't happy with the instructor, you probably won't have a pleasent experience with the class... I'm sure you are making the right decission.... so yeah, I'm happy :mooner:

Back
Top Bottom