Glove solution for dry suit with no dry glove seals (rings)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi cold water diving experts!!
I am gradually being more and more affected by ingressing cold water in my wet gloves when wearing my trilaminate, which only has wrists seals. The straightforward solution would be to purchase a dry suit with dry glove rings, but it doesn´t make the economics for about 10 cold water dives/year...so my question is:
Do you know of any gloves that could seal on the wrists on top of the latex seals of the dry suit? sounds a bit naive, but wonder if there are independent dry or semidry gloves (not part of a drysuit) that can significantly reduce water ingress when wearing a dry suit with no dry glove seals (I wear a Scubapro EverTec...latex wrist/neck seals). I supppose wearing wet glove liners would help in any case....any suggestions?
Also, do you have any suggestions for a good hood I could wear with the Scubapro EverTec?
Thank you so much for any feedback!!
Cheers.
SI TECH ANTARES ring system. I use it with my DUI zip seals. That way I have a good seal I can easily replace, but don't have to put on my dive gloves until I am ready to put on my mask. I buy blue rubber gloves at the hardware store (Under $5) and wear wool gloves under them.

Kubi works really well I’ve added them to mine and my wife’s suits. Print out the template and get the smallest rings your hand can fit through

I’ve had the best luck with Kubi. I’ve mounted them on silicone ZipSeals without any issues. Had them about a year.

Depending on what your hand size is, you might be able to use PVC pipe instead of the coupling for a smaller diameter inside ring. I had a pair of Sitech oval rings that were too large for a permanent install on my fabric cuff that I locked into the latex seal to use as a ring to use a pullover latex dishwasher glove as a dry glove. Dry so far over 5 dives.

A shameless plug. . . I have a SiTech Glove-Lock system for sale. Much better than the Quick-Glove because there is a positive lock (not a friction fit). These are the round version (my hands are too large for the Antares).

Link here: For Sale - SiTech Glove-Lock system $110

I am sure everything looks good compared to Zip Seal Gloves.:)
I don't understand the zip glove hate. I think they are the best system available and I dive dry gloves a lot.

I don't understand the zip glove hate. I think they are the best system available and I dive dry gloves a lot.

Some of us like to have bare hands to get geared up. Obviously not a problem for you! 🤣😂

I can’t imagine getting my neck seal straightened out with gloves on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom