Glove solution for dry suit with no dry glove seals (rings)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the summer months I use thinner gloves, the G17K style black&white. This gives me more dexterity and I can feel far more through them.

My winter gloves are thicker but I loose dexterity and can’t feel a thing; like wearing boxing gloves (sort of). This makes simple bolt snap manipulation a right challenge, especially any smaller clips. The hardest thing is trying to sort out a tangle or even cross-clipped boltsnaps when you can’t see them.

Winter gloves are very resilient to cuts/holes.

Summer gloves are far more susceptible to tiny holes or tearing. Particularly if heaving a sidemount bungee which catches the fingertip. I’ve had full glove floods, leaks and a total rip. Whenever that happens it’s imperative to get the equalisation string out of the cuff seal. I use a larger knot which can be pulled through from the outside of the glove. At the worst case I would take the glove off underwater and sort out the seal.

BTW I use Fourth Element Glove Liners which are thin neoprene gloves. These are warm when wet but are thin enough to feel through. In winter I’ll add some wrist warmers.

My winter water temps range from 32-38 degrees F. My summer temps range from 37-42 degrees F. I run the same gloves year round. I also use the fourth E g1 liners. I have been pleased with them.
Since my diving is done in cold water, I don't have small boltsnaps on anything except my travel specific gear.

Antares consistently gets bad reviews.
Yes. Some people say they require extra care or they will leak, but honestly, show me a dry glove system without faults. I can complain about each and every. I can see the good in all of them, too. I do not think there can be a perfect solution - not even in theory. So, what are the benefits, what the drawbacks? That's the question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom