Give me a list of ten cheap places to eat on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't remember where we ate, but remember that food from the room fridge vanished a couple of times while we were diving. Housekeepers like fruit, yogurt, and juice, I guess.

Near Bodden Town:

Image284.jpg

Is there still a Lone Star by the Hyatt? We ate cheap there a few times but not sure if it reopened after the hurricane.

A big thanks to everyone that named places to eat, we had a great time. Chicken Chicken was great for cheap. We hit a couple of no so cheap restaurants too. The diving was great, very good visibility and creatures. Seven beach was very nice. Maybe I'll go back again sometime.

We will be there May 19-27 and plan to eat on the cheap for most of the meals. When we get back Ill post as to other cheap places and the diving. Can't wait :)

A friend stayed at the Marriott and said he had breakfast just across the road but can't remember the name of the place, anyone know?

Cafe del Sol is near the Marriott. They serve breakfast. Also Dunkin Donuts. :wink:

A friend stayed at the Marriott and said he had breakfast just across the road but can't remember the name of the place, anyone know?

I think it is called the Mangrove Grill. We ate there a few times.

We just came back from Grand Cayman this Saturday and stayed at the Marriott. Don't bother with the food there, the prices are almost comical.

For Breakfast we ate at Eats Cafe. The same owner runs Legendz and Yoshi Sushi and the place is spotless. Blueberry Pancakes are 3.95ci and you can get a normal breakfast for under 10bucks US.

We had several recommendations for a sushi place called Bahamas, but we didn't like it. Not sure if it was just a bad night in the kitchen or what, but the sushi was mediocre at best.

There is also a brand new place north of 7 mile beach called TimBukToo. They just opened, it's small but the food is good and my wife and I ate breakfast there twice. It's right after the traffic light heading up to DiveTech/Turtle Reef.

We also ate at Coconut Joes (food was good), Hammerheads, Tiki Beach and Guppies. We also skipped lunch a couple of time, eating a decent breakfast and a later afternooon meal, skipping the late night dinner. That was a big cost savings and we munched inbetween.

Breezes in Georgetown has a good 9.99 menu if you have ecclectic tastes, like Curried Goat and Oxtail. The latter was excellent. There was a steakshop that advertised a 14.99 sirlion but when you get to the restaurant, they don't mention it on the menu. We inquired and sure enough, it existed and we ate for about 40bucks with drinks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom